𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

After a while of walking, the snow had cleared and everything had begun to melt away

After a while of walking, the snow had cleared and everything had begun to melt away. It was coming closer to spring, but it was still really cold outside. You and Tanjiro walked along the road looking for something to use to help carry Nezuko easier. And especially because it was broad daylight and demons could not be out in the sunlight. So you both had to be extra pro cautious about that.

Everything had begun to bloom early, some of the grass was already in full bloom. The trees had their leaves on them. And some occasional wild violets and dandelions were spread through the ground.

On thing was for sure, you were very fond of flowers. How could you not? Their vibrant colors and mesmerizing scents that just made you feel better. You loved nature. It was like a second home to you. Along the road, you gathered flowers. There were so many, violets, dandelions, daisies, hydrangeas, camellias, cosmos, lily of the valley, and lavenders. Tanjiro turned his head to face you and noticed you were picking flowers along the way. He wondered what you were going to do with all of them. But he didn't question you.

You both came through a rice field and noticed some people were out and about doing their job. Tanjiro and you walked up to one of the people working and stopped in front of him.

"I beg your pardon sir, but, do you have any baskets available for me to take?" Tanjiro asked. The man stopped what he was doing and looked up at the boy and you. He smiled.

"Sure." He responded. He turned his back and walked forward a few steps and grabbed a simple weaves basket. He held it up for them to look at.

"This is all I got for ya. It's got a hole in it, but, I'm sure it'll manage." The man said. Tanjiro have the man a warm smile and grabbed some yen from his pocket.

"Woah kid! You do not need to pay me! It's already worn out enough. Just take it for free." He handed the boy the basket. Tanjiro declined and held the money out for the man.

"But I want to pay." Tanjiro stated again.

"Kid no! I don't need the money!" The man raised his voice slightly. Trying to give Tanjiro the basket.

"Let me pay you!" Tanjiro yelled back. As the two were bickering, you then took some yen out of your pocket, grabbed the basket from the persons hand, slammed the money on his hand, and took Tanjiro by the wrist and dragged him away. You turned your head slightly to look back at the mans flabbergasted face.

"Thank you very much!" You yelled out with a closed eyed smile.

"Uh...I...you're welcome!" The man yelled back.

~~~~~

"Hey Nezuko!"

You and Tanjiro had reached the dark cave that you held Nezuko in until night when it was safe for her. When you called out her name, she was no where in sight.