Chapter 2

Siddharth's POV

She got up and came towards us confidently.

I was still looking at her. She was an above-average looking girl but there was something about her that was drawing my attention to her.

" Yes ma'am ?? "

"  So... fresher you were smiling??  "

" Ummm... yes ma'am, sorry but it was hilarious. "

"  But you were not supposed to smile. Now you will be punished or have to pass a test."

" Ok ma'am," She said confidently. I liked her, while all the other freshers were a bit scared, she looked quite confident.

My batchmate said something in her ear, she smiled and nodded.

" Go, fresher... " my batchmate said and she left.

I wanted to know what task was given to her but I wanted to see what she was doing.

I followed her and saw that she went outside and saw a guy in an open gipsy. She talked to him for 5 minutes and then smiled and said something but I could not hear as I was too far off.

She came back and said, "Ma'am, I asked for his matrimonial biodata. His name is Nihal. He completed his engineering last year. And is currently working with some MNC and is already earning in 6 figures.  His height is 5' 11". He is tall, dark and handsome. "

" Wow!!! You asked all this from him ??  Great confidence yaar !!! You did not hesitate to talk to him even once?? He looks so hot."  My batchmate said and this girl smiled. 

" It was simple ma'am. Ma'am can I please leave now ?? I just got a message from home, I have to go. "

" Yeah, sure... You may leave now. By the way, You did not introduce yourself.  " She said.

" Ma'am my name is Shruti Singh. I am from New Delhi. "

" Nice talking to you, Shruti. "

" Same here ma'am. I really enjoyed this funny and friendly ragging. Good day to all of you. "  She said and left the room.

Oh, Great !! So she was from Delhi as well...

I was intrigued by her, so I followed her. She went back to that guy slipped into his open gipsy and left with him.

What was that??

She just met him... How can she go out with a stranger like that??

The thoughts of this girl kept coming to my mind. The very next day when I saw her coming, even before my mind could stop me, my legs took me to her and she greeted me.
" Good morning, sir ! "

" Good morning, Ms .... "

" Shruti Singh."

" Yeah, Shruti... Can I ask you something?? "

"  Yes, sir ! "

" Yesterday my batchmate asked you to do a task and you came back after completing it.  But after you took our leave, I saw you going back to that man, sat in his gipsy and left with him."

" Yeah... So?? "

" So ?? Don't you think, it was too risky to go out with a stranger like that?? I mean you had just met him for less than five minutes and ... How could you trust a man within 5 minutes of meeting ?? What do you know about him, except what you asked him? How do you know if he was not lying?"

" Hold on sir... I know him very well. I went out with him because he came to pick up me only. "

" What do you mean?? You knew him already?? So you did not perform the task??