Chapter 10

I pushed open the door and Hera and Elijah jumped up.

"Hey," I laughed as they squeezed, "Merlin, you two are suffocating me."

I immediately let Juniper out so that she would stop crying.

"Did you hear about the world cup?" Hera fidgeted.

"Only that it was the greatest game of all time." I scoffed, shoving my trunk above my seat.

"Better than 1877?" Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, definitely not." I laughed, falling into my seat.

"No, not that." Hera sighed, "The death eater attack."

"I didn't read much about it, " I shrugged, "What happened?"

"During the celebration, death eaters attacked muggles that lived nearby and then burnt the whole thing down." She made a fake explosion with her hand.

"Oh, wow. That's awful." I tsked.

The train started to move as Juniper settled in my lap. We continued to laugh and talk as the train started to pick up speed. The scenery blurred from buildings upon buildings to rolling valleys as we got farther and farther from London.

"Anything from the trolley? Anything from the trolley?" I heard the trolley lady call. I didn't realize she had passed us.

I pulled Juniper off of me and put her on Elijah's lap, much to his dismay.

"I'll be right back, do you guys want anything from the trolley?" I opened the door, waiting for their answers.

"Acid pops," Elijah muttered, petting the cat slightly.

"Bertie botts," Hera said, flipping through her book.

I shut the door, going past three compartments, stopping behind Cho Chang and two of her friends. They pushed past me, not paying me any mind.

I reached past the woman to hand her my galleons.

"Two acid pops, two chocolate frogs, and a Bertie botts, please." She handed me the candy and I stuffed it in my bag. She fumbled with the coins, trying to find the right amount of change.

I looked up to see Harry watching me. I smiled as the lady handed me some sickles. He smiled back before closing the door.

I walked back to my compartment, stuffing my coins into my pocket. I pulled out the candy, tossing them to Hera and Elijah as I shut the door.

"Ugh," I groaned, "I ran into Cho Chang at the trolley."

"She's not that bad once you get to know her." Hera shrugged, popping a jelly bean into her mouth.

"Yeah, well, I don't think she would bother to get to know me." I opened a chocolate frog, handing the card to Elijah.

"S'probably cause she likes Harry," Elijah said through a mouth full of candy.

"What's that got to do with it?" I bit into the frog.

"You talked to him a lot last year." He shrugged.