Chapter thirty-two

Sophie sat behind the storage bin, peeking her head out to look at the group of figures whenever she thought it was safe to do so.

One of the cloaked Neverseen agents immediately walked to the back of the van and right away saw the doors open and Sophie not there tied up like she was supposed to be.

"She's not here," the figure snarled. "She must've escaped."

The other three went around the back and inspected the ropes. "She snapped her wrist bonds." Another agent said.

"It doesn't matter if she escaped, she couldn't have gotten far with her fractured legs." Another said.

Of course they just had to know about her injuries.

Sophie stayed hidden behind the storage bin, praying they wouldn't check there. After the first minute of them searching for her and not find her, she began to relax and think maybe they wouldn't find her.

And just as she thought that, one of them started to make their way towards her hiding spot. Thank you life, for being sooooooo fair. She thought sarcastically.

Sophie started to back up quietly into a pitch black corner. Just before she reached it, the Neverseen member peeked around the storage bin and looked directly into her eyes.

Sophie held her breath and willed herself to be invisible, even though she knew that it wouldn't do anything. I'm caught.

But the enemy looked around in there for a few more seconds and walked away. What on earth?

Maybe that Neverseen member was a spy and pretended not to see Sophie on purpose. Or maybe they weren't a spy and just really hated their job and decided to no longer help with things like this. Or they were just blind.

Sophie put her head in her hands and remembered that she should probably breath now. Just then she realized that she had put her head in her hands, but there were no hands in front of her to put her head into. She felt them, but she couldn't see them.

Sophie then looked down at the rest of her body and saw... nothing? What in the freaking heavens?!

She was invisible. Wait, no. She couldn't be invisible, that's stupid. It's just another dream. Wake up Sophie! She pinched her arm. Ow! Nope, not a dream.

This can't be happening. She must've been utterly insane. But that Neverseen member definitely looked her dead in the eyes, yet he made no sign that he saw her.

Okay, only one way to test this. If I get caught, that will be really embarrassing.

Sophie stood up and immediately felt pain in her legs, that still weren't there by the way, but she kept walking. She stood on the side of the storage bin, right where the Neverseen couldn't see her. She took a deep breath of the clean night air, because it might be her last, and stepped into view of the Neverseen.

But not quite, they were still searching for her, they even walked right beside her and almost right into her, but still she continued to be Neverseen. I'm hilarious.

She was also invisible. Im not crazy. Sophie made some faces at the enemy, even though they couldn't see her, it still felt good. Then just as she was about to walk away, she tripped.

She fell to the ground, catching herself with her hands, but that only made her help in pain. No! I was so freaking close!

Sophie looked down at her now visible arms and sighed. Life was really not fair. She stood up and looked at the Neverseen members who were now walking towards her.