Chapter 41: All For One

Dedicated Chapter Song: Bury The Light - Casey Edwards

A derelict of dark, summoned from the ashes
The puppetmaster congregates all the masses
Pulling strings, twisting minds as blades hit
You want this power? Then come try and take it
(Hiromi Akuma)

A derelict of dark, summoned from the ashesThe puppetmaster congregates all the massesPulling strings, twisting minds as blades hitYou want this power? Then come try and take it(Hiromi Akuma)

With every passing minute, I felt my bones aching, itching for a fight. My senses knew; I knew that I wouldn't be able to take them all down. Yet, I couldn't just sit there like an animal in captivity. If I don't fight, we don't get out.

Bakugo looked ready to leap in an instant, but Jinxx kept taunting him with a blade to his throat. She was warned not to cut him, but even that Toga girl looked excited about the sight of blood.

Every few seconds my fingers would tingle and I would feel my quirk trying to set itself off. I contemplated possessing the leader, and ordering him to let us go, but I knew that wouldn't work as my own body falling to the ground would make it very obvious I'm possessing him.

"Don't look at me like that, darling," Mother croons.

"Don't call me that." I shake my head at her. "You abandoned me. You don't have the right to consider me family."

"Oh?" She rests her elbow on the bar.

"You don't abandon family." I straighten my shoulders and let my wings flex, showing her proudly that I wasn't afraid of her anymore.

Though what I said seemed to strike a chord in Kaito as he winced and looked away from me. Even Bakugo seemed to catch this.

"I said I wouldn't get involved," Scarlett drew in a breath, standing beside her fiancé and gripping his hand as they and a group of other big-name heroes quietly surrounded the League of Villains hideout

"I said I wouldn't get involved," Scarlett drew in a breath, standing beside her fiancé and gripping his hand as they and a group of other big-name heroes quietly surrounded the League of Villains hideout. "But I'm not losing another family member."

Her uncle, LUX, flexed his wings of light. "We won't lose anyone." He placed a hand on her shoulder. LUX appeared much different in his hero attire versus normally at home. His white-blonde hair draped behind him like a veil, and unlike many of his allies, he wore less fabric covering his chest, leaving it exposed. While many of his fans would claim this to be a design choice so they many appreciate his angelic abs, LUX has always stated this wasn't the case.