c h a p t e r 24- i wanna be yours

Coles POV:

Shit. Jordan was angry. Like, fuming type of angry. I mean, I got that he was insanely protective of Alyssa like the rest of her brothers but I didn't think he would get this annoyed. Guess I was wrong. Sighing, I walked cautiously after him, coming to an abrupt halt when he stopped suddenly, reaching the end of the promenade.

Crossing my arms, I watched Jordan warily as he paced from side to side, mouth set in a tight line as every emotion crossed his face. God, it was like watching someone go through the stages of heartbreak in fast forward except anger was constantly present.

Sighing, I began to speak, "Look, dude, I'm sorry but-"

"Shut the fuck up for a second, Cole. I'm this close from punching your stupid fucking face."

Rolling my eyes, I held my arms up in defence as I waited for Jordan to calm down. After another excruciating 5 minutes that consisted of me watching Jordan have a mental battle in his head - which was entertaining at first but quickly turned horrifyingly boring - he finally turned to face me.

"Why her? You could have any girl in the world - don't fucking start you know it's true - and you have to choose my sister? I don't want her to have to deal with your fuck boy shit."

I sighed again, looking up to the sky as I struggled to find an answer that would help Jordan understand that, no, I wasn't just being a player and that I did, for the first time, actually have feelings for a girl. Because, fuck, in that moment I realised how much I genuinely liked Alyssa. And I liked her too fucking much for Jordan to put a stop to our relationship.

"Look, I understand why you're mad, I do. And I get what it looks like - shit, if I saw my sister sucking my best friend's face, I'd be mad too. But I promise it isn't what it looks like."

I took a deep breath, shooting Jordan a warning glance to show I wasn't finished yet.

"Your sister - I don't know, man. I've just never felt anything even close to what I feel with her. And I can promise, truly promise, that I won't ever intentionally hurt her - I like her too much for that."

Holding my breath, I waited in anticipation as Jordan was thinking through my words. Finally, he spoke, "If you ever hurt her... fuck, Cole, I will not hesitate to beat you up. Even if you have to marry or some shit, I will never allow myself to see her cry over you. Got it?"

Smiling triumphantly, I nodded quickly, a weight feeling like it had been lifted from my heart. My smile soon faded into a groan when Jordan suddenly smirked, adding on one last sentence.

"Oh, and we're gonna have a real nice chat later. Just us three."

-------

Alyssa's POV:

They had been gone for an hour now. And I understood why, or at least thought I did. I mean, I thought that they would go, talk about bro code or whatever stupid rules boys have in place and then fight it out to make up. But then a whole fucking hour passed.

I sighed, biting on my nails once again as I thought of what they could possibly be talking about.

"I swear to god Alyssa, stop biting your nails. Even if Jordan does let Cole date you, I promise you that Cole isn't going to want a bitch with crusty nails."

Spinning round, I pinned Lyra with a glare.

"You are being zero help right now. They've been gone for an hour. My crusty nails are the least of both of our worries."

Lyra looked at me pityingly and then motioned for me to come sit next to her on the bench. I sighed, too worried to be mad at her, and rested my head on her shoulder. I felt her take a deep breath in before she began to speak, "Look, Alyssa, you have to realise that your brothers are going to be way more protective than any normal family. Jordan lost both his parents and his twin for most of his life. And now you're back and he finds out his best friend and sister are...well, to him, it looks like you guys are hooking up. He's scared, that's all. So, yes, they may take a bit of time to work out their issues."

I nodded slowly, taking in her words, "I know...I just hate waiting."

Lyra laughed, "And you like Cole."

I nodded sheepishly, "Yes, I like Cole."

Lyra smirked, about to say something when she spotted something over the top of my head.

"Okay, don't freak out but they're coming back now," Lyra whispered, shoving me back down as I tried to get up, "DUDE, get the fuck down. Do you want to seem desperate or what?".

"Okay, okay I'll wait till they get here then. Just tell me one thing - is it a happy or sad expression on Cole's face?" Lyra squinted, mulling over her answer before replying, "Hmmm... well, it looks like Cole is frowning. Oh wait, that's just his usual expression. Yeah, you know what I can't actually see, I haven't got my glasses on."

I rolled my eyes, about to shove her off the bench when I heard two footsteps approaching.

------

Slowly, I turned, running my eyes over Cole's faces, suddenly unable to speak. He smirked, looking me over twice before saying, "You wanna say something, querido?"

"Ugh, for fucks sake, I just gave my permission and you're already doing PDA. Have mercy on me." Jordan groaned, a scowl overtaking his face.

Relief washed over me in waves and I rushed forward to leap onto him, wrapping my whole body around his as I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you for being the best brother ever," I whispered in his ear, laughing as he grunted, "Yeah, yeah,".

Still hugging Jordan, I looked over shyly to grin at Cole. This time, his smirk had been replaced with a genuine smile, his body language relaxed as he watched us calmly. Unable to stop myself, I jumped down from Jordan and placed my hand into Cole's, planting a kiss on his cheek while whispering, "How in the hell did you manage to make him okay with this?"

Laughing softly, he mumbled back, "He's not blind, Lyssa. Even he can see the truth."

What the 'truth' was, exactly, I didn't find out because Jordan shoved through us, breaking our hands apart and glaring at our close proximity.

"Love time is over, fuckers, it's time to get back." 

I'M BACK BITCHESSSS!!! Well, hopefully, because I still don't know when I'll be updating again but for now, here's a chapter lol. Thanks my bestie James Bond (not her acc name but like whatevs) for making me update. Okay bye guysss enjoy xx