~SEVENTEEN~

••••

"Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together...in unity." --Bible (Psalms 133:1)

                             ••••

I've arrived 😎

Go on and read, people!!!!

                       •BOLU•

The school was not the least bit scanty as I walked in through the gates, early in the morning. Junior students still scampered up and down the stairs and round the compound. Senior students hung around in specific areas catching up and laughing and stuff.

It looked like no student was ready to vacate yet. Normally, when exams were over, most students would disappear from the school.

But what I saw today surprised me though. I walked further and got to a gathering around the notice board just at the entrance of the senior block. Didn’t need to stretch so much to see before I knew it was a timetable for a Program?

Post Examination Entertainment Program — PEEP Timetable.

I scanned through the list of activities like various games, Cultural day, Treasure hunt, Film show, talk show, Talent show, Christmas Carol (okay that was normal ‘cause we had it every year) and then my eyes landed on the signature(s) at the bottom. It was Ninu and Goke’s names signed down there. Well, figures…

RBA had never done anything like this before. Ninuola was taking her post as the social prefect real serious though. Good thing was it actually made the school more interesting.

I pulled myself from the gathering as I walked up the stairs to the SSS3 block. Getting there, I found Ayo quietly and calmly walking in the same direction as I was. He had his hands in his pockets and seeing him this morning reminded me that I was still worried about Nina.

She hadn’t called throughout the weekend. I had tried to relax a little and reminded myself that Nina was always fine. It could have probably been bad network coverage that kept her line switched off.

“Hey, Ayo,” I said as I caught up with him.

He turned and was a bit startled that it was me. Okay, Ayo was also one of those I’d never talked to at all in RBA, except the occasional head-nods as greeting.

“Hi,” he replied simply then added, “Good morning.”

I equaled my pace beside him and tugged my backpack. “Morning. Did Nina finally call you or…?” I mentally scolded myself for being so direct and straight with him.

He kinda blushed as he looked down and then up, before answering. “No. You?”

I shook my head. “And I’m kinda getting Wo__”

My statement got cut off when a female voice called both our names.

“Bolu!”

“Ayo!”

We both turned around to see Nina skipping and hopping towards us in her usual way— all smiles and bubbles.

Seconds after, I was engulfed in her hug, inhaling her very familiar strawberry scent. I almost died from how much she squeezed me. Nina no get chills when it came to hugs. I hugged her back too but not tightly. I did miss her after all.

I decided not to tell her to stop knowing she’d only hug me tighter. I allowed her to pull away on her own accord.

“B! I missed you so darn much…” she drawled and when I took one look at her face, all trace of worry erased from my mind.