🐢 111 🐢

No one's POV

The caregivers know a hard day is coming, they have a dentist appointment. Yesung doesn't know where they are going today. Their dentist is the best and kindest doctor alive, he is always so nice to the little one.

They brush their teeth, Heechul brushed Yesung's teeth because the little one got bored after a few seconds and then they get in car. Now it is the best time to say the truth. Yesung is on the edge of crying when his daddy leads him in an elevator and tugs on his blue cardigan with bunnies. Heechul strokes his baby's hair and coos because his baby is so cute. The pink leggings and button up cardigan suit him really well. The doctor is already waiting for them and smiles at the cute family.

"Who is going first?"

Siwon pushes Yesung in front of him because the baby needs to go first, he is their biggest worry. Heechul wants to take off Yesung's white sneakers, but the doctor stops him. He wants to do this as fast as possible. Siwon takes Yesung's hand in his and leads him toward the dental chair. Yesung whines and his daddy picks him up from behind. He sat down in the chair and holds Yesung in his lap while the doctor takes a mouth mirror.

"Can we start? Good patients get a sugar free lollipop."

Yesung shakes his head no because he can survive without one stupid lollipop. Mommy gently squeezed his little hands and Siwon tickles him under chin.

"Later we can stop in a toy store and buy a surprise for our good boy."

Yesung reluctantly opens his mouth and his daddy strokes his little hand. The dentist takes a periodontal probe and starts finding some problem spots and checks each tooth. He sees nothing wrong, so he takes a scaler to remove a bit of calculus from above the gum line.

"Tell me, is he sucking on his fingers? He has scratched hard palate."

The caregivers hesitate a bit and the dentist got a clear answer.

"You should stop it, it can cause troubles."

They both nod and Yesung is free to go after the dentist polished his teeth. Now it is Heechul's turn and it looks like he is going to faint really soon. He is terrified of the instruments, but needs to act tough in front of his baby who is sucking on a red lollipop. Heechul had a small cavity and he is silently cursing inside his head while the doctor tortures him. After a bit longer they are free and Yesung drags his mommy to a toy store. There are so many great toys and cute stuffed animals and Yesung chose a stuffed mouse.

 There are so many great toys and cute stuffed animals and Yesung chose a stuffed mouse

THE STUFFED MOUSE (this is the cutest stuffed toy I found❤️)

They can go home and Yesung is staring on the mouse while sitting in his car seat. He really loves the mouse, but he also loves his stuffed turtle and hamster and bunny, he loves all of them. When they arrived home, Yesung got a bottle of milk and his mommy goes to cook lunch. Yesung is sucking on the bottle and goes in his playroom. After finishing the milk, he put the bottle aside and slips his thumb in his mouth. He sucks on the finger for a while before a hand gently grabbed his wrist and pulled his hand away.

Siwon was walking around and spotted him so he immediately went to stop him. Yesung whines and Siwon pushes the teat of a yellow pacifier between his lips.

"You have so many pacifiers, why do you love your thumb so much?"

Yesung whines and Siwon goes to find Heechul to speak about how to stop Yesung from sucking on his thumb. Heechul found many articles, but only a few of the advices sounded not like a torture. They don't want to hurt his feelings and make him mad or sad, but if the doctor says Yesung should stop sucking on his thumb, then they are going to stop him. Yesung is sucking on his pacifier and tries to play alone, but then he got bored and ran to find his caregivers. Mommy is almost done with cooking lasagna and Yesung is watching him. After a while the food is ready and they sit down to eat. Then it is the best time for a nap and Siwon put Yesung down in the portable crib in the living room. The baby is almost fall asleep when he spat out his pacifier and starts to suck on his thumb. A hand sneaked in his crib and pulled the finger away. Yesung whines a bit and fingers start to play with his hair.

The adults finally found what they will do about the thumb-sucking problem. They realized that Yesung's favorite thumb-sucking time is when he is watching the TV. Their plan is to try turning off the TV for 5 minutes every time they catch Yesung sucking on his fingers. The sticker chart also got a new column - Yesung will get a sticker if he survives a whole day without sucking on his thumb. They anxiously wait until Yesung woke up from his nap. Siwon goes out with him for a while and when they came home it is dinner time. After dinner came a feared moment - Yesung will watch cartoons before bath time. The moment his thumb touched his lips, Heechul turned the TV off. Yesung angrily whines and points at the TV. Five minutes are long when a baby is whining next to you but Heechul was tough. Yesung bursts into tears after the third time his mommy paused the cartoons. He is really mad now and Siwon decides it is bedtime before he will cry even more.

Siwon dressed his baby in a baby blue night gown and tucks him in the crib. The boy is still softly whining and sobbing and Siwon takes a book to read him some story. He grabs The Six Bullerby Children and started to read. Yesung is sucking on his pacifier and pitifully whines because he wants to watch his cartoons! However, his daddy's voice is really working in calming him down and Yesung closed his eyes after a while. Siwon reads a few more pages to make sure his baby is asleep and then silently closed the book before covering Yesung with a blanket and stroking his hair. He sighs, feeling that the next few days without thumb sucking are going to be hell.