Chapter 34: Liquid Lust

Ian followed Tara through a tiny hallway painted in mint green towards a door in the back of her shop. The compact space that he crossed was lined with shelves on both sides, with books and flower pots interspersed in them. As Tara opened the door and walked into her office, Ian noticed her name embossed in gold on the tinted glass. He felt thoroughly impressed; the gorgeous woman who had climaxed in his arms last night was a transformed beauty in her work space - she commanded her surrounding with her graceful gait and exceptional confidence.
In addition to discovering Blossoms' address, Ian's internet research had also revealed that Tara's flower shop was a sizeable establishment with splendid reviews. Apparently, Tara was a thorough professional who went out of her way to make her customers feel special, and as an entrepreneur himself, Ian felt nothing short of admiration for her.
Ian entered Tara's office only to find her making her way to her desk; for some reason she chose to go sit behind her desk as if she were in an official meeting. He would have much preferred it had she sat next to him on the two chairs meant for visitors. He wanted to be closer - not farther than an arm's length, so that he could touch, if he so desired!
"You wanted to talk...." Tara asked him, her manner business-like.
If it weren't for the slight hesitation Ian witnessed in her expression, her eyes, he would have been offended by her impersonal remark. "Is something bothering you, Tara?"
Ian saw Tara's worried expression slip away as she began to give him empty assurances. "No, not at all. Why do you think that?"
"Well...you are being extremely formal. It seems rather strange between two people who were naked in each other's arms all night."
Ian saw Tara flush and fluster, "Ian...can we not talk about all this at my workplace?!"
Ian felt something shift inside of him. Ian Blaine, known to be a savvy negotiator and an enterprising magnate, felt himself lose control, he felt disturbing anger welling up inside of him, and, he replied to Tara in a tone that bordered on disrespect, "I know this isn't the time nor the place, Tara, but you left without a word!"
The moment these words escaped his mouth was the moment he realized that he was acting like a complete asshole and then he saw this exact idea reflecting on Tara's face. He really did feel like the scum of the Earth in that moment.
"Ian...I don't think you are in the right state of mind to have this conversation."
Ian immediately regretted his actions and his words, "Tara, I am sorry about what I just said but..."
"Ian, I know I shouldn't have left without saying anything. I am thinking things over, I need time. And you coming in here...I don't know what it is that you are expecting me to say."
"Tara, I don't want you to feel pressured by anything. I didn't really come here to discuss us...but I, unfortunately, did end up giving you that impression! I came here to discuss Jake."
Tara seemed to understand that better than dissecting her emotions for she readily began to agree. "Yes, we should talk about Jake."
And then awkward silence ensued.
"Do you want to tell him?" Ian asked her, all the while wishing that she say yes, which would mean that she might see a future with him and would want to end things with Jake.
"I have to tell him. I can't see him anymore."
Ian felt throughly encouraged by her words and he could do little to hide the relief he felt inside of him. And as if she read Ian's mind, Tara questioned him in amusement, "You seem pleased about the prospect?"
"Not particularly...as far as hurting a friend goes, but I do find it desirable for my own love life!"
"Do you think leaving him means I may get together with you."
"One can always...wish!"
"What about Jake?"
"I will handle everything. I will tell him for you. You don't even have to go to him." Ian wished that she'd agree to that but he knew that that was too much to ask of her. He was also aware of the fact that it would be thoroughly unfair to Jake. Ian just wanted to shield her from everything, from all the backlash that might result from them having slept together. He wanted to protect her.
If he were being completely honest with himself, he didn't want her to be alone with Jake anymore, he didn't want her talking to him. He didn't want her to be near him. He felt jealous of all the time she had already spent with him. He didn't want her to spend a single minute more with him. He wanted her to be only his; he couldn't tell her how anxious her hesitation was making him.
"I can't ask you to do that, Ian. If I am breaking up with him, I have to be the one to come clean about the reason for ending things."
"You will tell him what happened between us?"
"I will have to."
"Yes."
"I will never forgive myself for this, Ian."
What she said made Ian feel like pile of dirt on Earth being bulldozered to be transferred to a dumping yard. "You regret what we did?"
"No!...I meant, I would never forgive myself for destroying the friendship the two of you have."
Ian let out a sigh of relief, "Tara, what he and I have...I think it can survive this. I sure hope so!"
Ian looked at her then, her innocently seductive face beckoned to be touched, and for a moment, he forgot all about Jake and what troubles lay ahead. He came to her with caution of a lion on hunt for its prey and casually leaned against Tara's desk. Their knees grazed as he tilted his head and stared at her. He met her eyes - his gaze travelled down her nose and paused longingly at her lips but it didn't stop there. It scanned her neck and then travelled to her heaving breasts; he had touched them last night, he had sucked on them. And then his sight travelled down to her midriff and then lower, at which point, he extended his right arm to place it on her thigh and slowly began to rub it. He felt Tara's skin gain temperature as he touched her. Heat emanated from her as his hand slowly travelled from her knee towards her belly.
He could hear her breathing go heavy, which was a relief because he wasn't sure whether last night had left a lasting impact on her! When he reached her belly, his hand teased at the elastic band of her short skirt. It was at this point that he looked up into her eyes again - they were a pool of desire.
Ian, against his better judgement, slipped his hand into her skirt; the dramatic change of Tara's expression aroused him to the brink of madness and his hand moved to the very center of her. "Ian...somebody might walk in...."
At this point, Ian raised the other hand's finger to her lips commanding her to stay quiet and she did.
Ian began to slowly caress her using his forefinger. He gently rubbed her as her raspy breath encouraged him to continue his exploration. She spoke with a sigh against his fingers, "Ian, we shouldn't..."
To quiet her, Ian removed his finger from her mouth and put his lips on her simultaneously sliding two fingers into her center. He gave her a gentle rub and felt beads of perspiration against his mouth as he continued exploring her with his tongue and hands. Her muffled moans dissolved against his mouth. He then slid a finger deep inside her, where he had been last night and began to move it. He felt his hand dampen against her wetness and it turned him on like crazy. He let her have as much pleasure as she could possibly derive from his fingers. She suddenly broke their kiss to gasp in leisure of what she felt. Ian felt her entire body tremble then -- she climaxed in his arms, holding his shoulders for support. He then gently took his fingers out of her and kissed her forehead. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead and her cheeks were high in color. She fought to steady her breath and Ian caught her mouth in another fiery kiss.
She gasped for air as Ian explored her mouth as his fingers had just explored her center. When he finally broke the kiss Tara flushed with embarassment. "This has never happened to me in my office before!"
Ian laughed, "Well, then, you have certainly missed out on quite a lot!"