"Snuggle..."

"Just a minute." I woke up with tears in my eyes. Jasper was knocking softly on Nana's bedroom door.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked when I opened the door partially.

"I guess. Why?"

"You were crying. I'm sorry for disturbing, but I could hear you calling out for your grandma in your sleep." Jasper explained.

He looked yummy in a greenish gray sweatshirt with gray and white boxer shorts. His unruly hair told me I roused him from his sleep.

"No. No. I should be the one apologizing for waking you up. I guess... I guess, I just really miss Nana."

"That's understandable. I can go fix you a glass of warm milk to help you sleep better, if you like?"

"That's very kind of you, but there's no need. I can probably go back to sleep after counting a few sheeps." I tried to give him a little smile.

I wondered how I must look right now, in a light gray tank top and snug white boxer briefs. My hair was probably pointing in all directions, and my tired eyes were shiny with tears.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure. I just probably dreamt of Nana hugging me in my sleep like she used to everytime I came here to visit her. I guess... I guess... this time there won't be any hugs for me." And that's the time it really hit me, and the realization hit hard... my Nana was gone.

I could not stop the flow of new tears from coming, nor could I hide the small sob that escaped my lips. I covered my face with my hands, embarrassed that I was having a meltdown infront of this hunk of a stranger before me.

"Hey. Hey. It's alright. It's alright. I'm here. You're not alone. You'll get through this. I'm here." I felt warm muscular arms wrap me in the most calming hug I could ever imagine.

He rubbed my back in slow circular motions, crushing me gently against his hard chest. He was trying to console me, calm me. This stranger whom I've met just hours ago, was doing the nicest thing anyone could do for me right now.

My sobbing ceased after about ten minutes, and Jasper looked curiously into my eyes to see if I was still crying.

"Better?" He asked.

"Much better. Thank you Jasper."

He took my hand and lead me back to bed. Raising the thick blanket for me, he motioned for me to get under the covers, and like a child I followed.

"What are you doing?" I asked, panicked that he got into bed with me and was now spooning me.

"Shhh! Relax. Only 'till you fall asleep. Imagine it's your Nana hugging you. Close your eyes."

"This really isn't necessary." I squirmed.

"Hey, I'm a doctor. This is just part of my remarkable bedside manner. I'll just send you the bill tomorrow morning. Now, sleep. Doctor's order."

I chuckled, and I felt his lips curl up in a smile as it gently caressed my nape. Minutes later my eyelids closed on their own accord, and I drifted off to the most satisfying slumber I've had in a long while.

Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, I felt Jasper carefully sit up and try to leave. In my fuzzy sleepy state, I vaguely remember reaching out to him to keep him with me. He acquiesced, and this time our positions were reversed. I woke up as the first rays of the sun filtered through the blinds in Nana's window.

"Goodmorning." I heard Jasper whisper when he felt me stir.

"Hiya doc." I replied, my arms still securely wrapped around his wide chest.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby. Your bedside manners worked wonders." I chuckled, while I disentangled myself from him.

"Great. Another satisfied patient to add to my list of cured cases then." He started to get up and I had to avert my eyes when I noticed the prominent bulge in his boxers.

"I gotta get started as well. My lawyer's appointment was set quite early today. Can I fix you breakfast?" I had my face turned the other direction as Jasper walked sleepily towards the door.

"No, but thanks. I have a brunch meeting with the staff of the retirement home. But I'll be back by lunch. You want me to get you anything while I'm out?"

"Thanks, but I'll manage. Come home after your meeting, alright? You're about to sample my mean spaghetti and meatballs for lunch. It's my way of thanking you for last night." I announced, folding the blankets and fluffing the pillows, still unable to face his bulging boxers.

"I look forward to it then. See you later?"

"See you later." I smiled, trying to look him in the eye and hoping my gaze does not wander anywhere lower. He smiled warmly at me, and I felt my face heat up.

He turned to leave the room, providing me a clear view of his bubble butt wrapped in the thin fabric of his skimpy shorts, and I knew... that my day had just gotten better.