XXXIII

my heart sank a little. i stared down at the portrait before me. they didnt seem to be that old pictured here, maybe in their late thirties at most.

i hoisted myself up onto the bench, disrupting some dust as i did so.

sapnap gazed up at me, like he was waiting for me to ask another question.

i placed my hands onto my lap, sighing.

"did george...?" i trailed off, my e/c eyes flickering to the male standing close to me.

he nodded, his dark hair shifting as he moved his head.

i parted my lips as if i was about to speak but nothing came out, my brows furrowed as i looked back to sapnap.

"it was a few years back. youve got to understand that george is a power hungry man. he gets what he wants no matter the consequences." sapnap lifted himself up onto the wooden surface, beside me. his armour grinding against itself.

"we were searching for new land to settle on, and then he found the smp castle. there was this big war." sap paused, moving his arms out to emphasise his point.

"even l'manburg was involved. georges army was strong, he set off a load of explosives which is what knocked out most of erets army...including them."

"l'manburg?" i asked, turning to face him.

"wilbur soot was a friend of erets. he fought beside him in the war." sapnap waited for me to process the information before he continued.

"after eret lost, george took over as king. half of the kingdom that served eret left, seeking new homes. i wouldnt blame them either." sapnap sorted through the bottles, lining them up in the space between us.

"thats so horrible. did eret not have any family? why hasnt anyone told me about this before..." i shook my head.

george didnt seem capable of being such a cruel man, but i guess you can never really tell.

"i think eret had a kid- i have no idea what happened to them though.."

"wilbur was given a choice. to either be silent about the events that had happened and let george have control over l'manburg or... die." sapnap continued.

"he obviously chose the latter... i had no idea george had so much control over l'manburg." i mumbled out.

"the deal was, wilbur would still pose as president as long as he came to george every month or so with updates on what occurred in l'manburg. wilbur still runs l'manburg, george just....has overall control."

i picked up one of the jars sapnap had set down, studying its contents.

"we should hurry with this. i dont want to get you into trouble." i gave him a weak smile before jumping down from the bench and making my way to a brewing stand.

~*~*~*~

wilbur pov

this ball was becoming increasingly insufferable. philza and y/n had gone to see the king a half hour ago and were yet to return.

i slumped against the wall as i watched techno speak with ranboo. my brother was showing the duel haired boy his axe, which he gripped in his hands. the younger boy examined the enchanted text that covered the weapon. tommy had briefly swung by with tubbo, both their arms full of food, after dumping some of it onto a small table by my side, they were off again.

my eyes scanned the room for any sign of y/n,
i couldnt see the younger person anywhere and i was becoming anxious.

"you okay?" techno mumbled, his eyes still fixated on his axe. he looked down at me through his lashes, his lips pressed into a hard line.

"can you see y/n?" i asked, chewing my bottom lip.

techno passed his axe to ranboo, who toppled at the weight of the netherite weapon. the pink haired male squinted his eyes, staring into the crowd.

"oh theres phil." he stated blandly, pointing towards our approaching father.

phil walked our way, a neutral expression on his features.

"hey mate." he greeted me, tapping my shoulder.

i looked behind him, waiting for y/n to be trailing behind him.

"wheres y/n?" techno asked, noticing the lack of the shorter person.

"i had to speak to sam- i thought they came back here?"

a/n- i have a job interview tomorrow ripppp- vote n comment