II

Time passed very fast and today was the banquet for the Empress Dowager's birthday. The Palace was busy and filled with chatter and servants going left and right to arrange everything to be perfect. When the time was right, Xu Yang together with Ji An and other two maids went to the banquet hall where guests were already waiting and chatting among themselves.

Lady Jang, Xu Yang's mother came and hugged her daughter. Her father, General Xu Ming followed behind his wife, happy to see his precious daughter.

❝Yang'er! My sweet child. How are you doing? Are you healthy? Do you eat and sleep enough?❞ The older woman, checking her daughter's body.

❝Mother, Father. I've been well so please do not worry. How have you two been?❞ Xu Yang asked, bowing her head respectfully.

❝Oh my, don't be so polite, my sweet child, we are family.❞ her mother said smiling and patting Xu Yang's head.

❝Me and your mother have been doing amazing, as always.❞ Xu Ming replied with a big smile.

Xu Yang looked at them and tears filled her eyes. She regretted asking her father to marry her to Zhang Wan, she so deeply regretted,but she was ashamed to ask for their help in her past life, even if she knew they would have helped her. Her father warned her about Zhan Wang, but she didn't listen to his advice.

Her clouded eyes didn't escape Xu Ming's gaze, his face turning serious in an instant.

❝My child? Why are you crying? Tell father who is bullying you and I will make them regret.❞

Xu Yang hugged her father crying.

❝Father, Mother. ❞Xu Yang sobbed softly as she buried her face into her father's chest.

She opened her mouth wanting to tell them everything she's been through, but is that the right choice? What if something bad will happen to them?

Xu Yang changed her mind, choosing to rely on herself this time.

Xu Ming looked over at his wife, confused by Xu Yang's sudden act.

❝My child? Did something happen? Talk to mother.❞

❝Don't worry, mother. This daughter just miss home, with mother and father, Jiang, Wuxian and Cheng. I got emotional now that I've seen mother and father again, this daughter apologizes.❞ Xu Yang wiped her tears and smiled brightly at her parents trying to calm their worry.

❝Ji An, is my daughter getting bullied by anyone?❞ Xu Ming asked sternly.

Ji An knew that Xu Yang must have a reason for not telling her family about her unhappiness so she choose to trust her master's judgment and lie.

❝No, sir. Her majesty isn't bullied by anyone, this servant won't let her master be bullied.❞
Ji An replied, finishing with a bow.

❝Good then, good. My child, if something happens, let your father know and I will start war for your happiness.❞Her father said as he gently pat her head.

❝Yes, father. This daughter is grateful for your and mother's love, this daughter loves father and mother a lot.❞ Xu Yang hugged her parents again.

❝Her majesty, Empress Dowager!❞ a eunuch announced as the elderly woman entered the room with a queue of servants after her.

Everyone watch as she gracefully walked to her seat.

❝I will go and great Empress Dowager now, take care, mother, father. ❞Xu Yang bowed again and left her parents.

❝Greeting the Empress Dowager, greeting the Emperor.❞ Xu Yang bowed and greeted the two royals. ❝I hope her majesty is feeling good on this blessed day and I wish her majesty a happy birthday. ❞