016

"You need to get up. Sylvie's dead and Jack needs you."

Masky lifts you up and pulls you away from Sylvie's body. Hoodie stands with Jane and Jack in the distance.

Masky's voice was distant and slightly distorted. It took a minute before everything came rushing back, hitting you like a freight train.

"What? Masky! Are you okay, where's Hoodie!? Is Jack okay!? Jane is she okay!? Are they alive?"

Masky places his hands on your shoulders and sighs. You frown and start tearing up again. You feel suffocated by all the emotions resurfacing.

"We're all fine. Y/N are you okay? You were checked out for a moment there."

"Yeah, I'm okay, I think. I'm worried about you guys!"

You push past Masky and run toward the others. You spot Jack first and run to him, dropping onto your knees in front of him. You cup his face in your hands, your eyes frantically searching his entire being. He looks up at you and sees that your face is back to normal. Your appearance is disheveled, blood smeared across your lips, your hands shaking.

"Jack, are you okay? Let me see it, I can heal you."

Jack shakes his head, insisting that he was fine. Jane waves her hand in front of your face. You shoo her away and she laughs.

"Yeah, I'm alive, thanks for asking."

You sigh and let out a breath you didn't notice you were holding. Hoodie rubs the back of his head and pretends to cry.

"I think I need a feel better kiss Y/N."

Jack glares at Hoodie and Masky smacks Hoodie on the back of his head. Hoodie actually almost cries this time. You burst out laughing, and Jack smiles. He was relieved to hear you laughing again. Even if he just got shot and you just brutally killed Sylvie not too long ago.

"I could use a feel-better kiss though."

You roll your eyes and kiss Jack. He pulls you close and kisses you some more. He grunts in pain as he moves to place his hand on the small of your back.

"Okay gross. I'm going inside to process what the fuck just happened. Y'all can stay out here with the dead body and make out while Jack bleeds on the lawn."

Jane stands up and goes inside with Masky and Hoodie. Jack pulls back and chuckles.

"Sorry, I didn't think I'd get to see your beautiful face again. I really thought you were going to leave with her."

You flick his forehead and he chuckles again.

"No stupid, I wouldn't leave you guys for anything or anyone."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You helped Jack inside the mansion. He leads you to his lab and he sits down on a silver table covered with a long white sheet. You unzip his jacket and toss it aside.

"Okay let me heal you, so I don't have to fight your medical supplies again."

You bite your wrist and hold it up to Jack's lips. He gives you an uncertain look.

"Just trust me. Okay, that looks like it really fucking hurts. Don't be such a pussy."

He hesitantly places his mouth on your wrist and sucks. You blush when he pulls away. He pulls your wrist closer and licks up the remaining blood.

"Oh shit, it's actually working-"

He looks at his arm. The wound was closing up, and scar tissue was forming and quickly fading away. Freshly healed skin remained, it was as if he was never shot in the first place.

"Thank you."

He stands up and bends down to pick up his jacket. You go to give him a hug, but he pulls away.

"Jack, what's wrong-"

He leaves the room without saying a word. You frown and follow after him.

Excuse me, sir I just healed you and you're just going to walk away like that?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You wander around the mansion, but can't find him. He wasn't even in his room. So you went to Jane's room instead. You didn't want to be alone right now. You don't understand why he acted like that. Why he was okay and loving one moment then cold and distant the next.

"Hey Jane, can I come in?"

"Yeah babes, of course."

You walk in and flop down onto her bed and sigh loudly.

"What's wrong, besides the obvious."

"Jack. Everything. I killed someone today."

You groan and place your hands over your face.

"I lost control way worse than before this time. I killed Sylvie. I confessed that I loved him and he just walked away after I healed him. I shouldn't have said anything. I shouldn't have even come here...  it's my fault this all happened. Sylvie came here for me and you guys got hurt because of me."

Jane sighs and takes your hands away from your face. She turns your body to face hers. She smushes your cheeks together.

"Look, what happened earlier wasn't your fault. You killed her which prevented a lot of damage from happening. She was going to shoot Jack again, and she was probably going to do the same again to me. She wasn't going to stop hurting us until she got her way. You did the right thing Y/N, even if you think you didn't. I know you lost control, and it's going to be okay. I'm not mad at you, and neither is Masky or Hoodie. As for Jack, well I can't speak for him. I think he's processing everything in his own way. But I have no doubt that he doesn't feel the same way about you as you do for him."

You sniffle and hug her. She hugs you back and pinches your side.

"Now quit sniffling and go clean yourself up. You're covered in blood and smell weird. I don't want your snot all over me either."

You laugh and leave Jane's room. You go to take a long hot bath. You knew you needed to process what happened, but Jack was the main thing on your mind right now. You swish your fingers back and forth in blood-mixed water. Everything that happened, all the emotions you felt before, during, and after crash into you like waves. Pulling you back and forth like the water around you. But now one question surfaced.

Did he love you back?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You get dressed in some comfortable pj's and comb your hair. It took forever to wash all the blood out of your hair. It had caked beneath your nails and you scrubbed them a bit too fast while being lost in your thoughts.

You sigh and decide to go find Jack. You couldn't wait any longer.

You knock on his door, hoping he's in his room this time. You didn't hear anything, so you knock once more.

"Jack?"

You wait a bit longer before you go to knock again, a bit harder this time. Jack opens the door. His shirt is off and his jeans hang low on his waist. His mask is off and his hair is messy. His eyes are a bit puffy too, he looks exhausted.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Jack I'm sorry I-"

He pulls you toward him and kisses you with fervor. You kiss him back with the same energy and melt in his arms. You forgot what you were going to say to him. He closes the door and places his hand behind your head before pushing you up against the door. You relax in his arms and he deepens the kiss.

He rests his forehead against yours and takes a deep breath.

"I love you Y/N."

You open your eyes and smile up at him. He looks into your eyes, searching and waiting for your response.

"I love you too, Jack."