forty

~*~*~

~*~*~

"i'm like quicksilver."

~*~*~

at school, regulus was actually feeling a lot better about what had happened. he had many distractions and his problems outside of school, felt a lot smaller because his school work seemed so much more difficult. obviously, that wasn't true, but in the walls of hogwarts, that's how it felt.

summer had been spending a lot more time with regulus and only really checked in on her other friends, she just felt like something was off with him and she felt like he wanted her around him a lot more. regulus was happy and content on his own but after what had happened, it felt nice to have someone by his side, whether it be summer or james, he liked them with him. his opinion on their company has grew from take it or leave it to needing it and wanting it.

"looks like regulus has beat everyone," said professor mcgonagall as she looked around at all the defeated faces and one victorious face, "better luck next time."

"you're a wiz at that, reg," said summer as the two walked out of the library after chess club, "how do you know how to play so well?"

"practicing," answered regulus bluntly, "reading about it helps too."

"ugh, i don't want to read about it, i just want to be able to do it," said summer impatiently.

"that's not how you learn to do something," said regulus to which summer rolled her eyes and pointed out the window.

"it's such nice weather," said summer cheerfully, her mood matching the happy and flourishing grounds of hogwarts, "we should do swimming again."

"absolutely not," said regulus sternly, as he remembered why he couldn't simply go for a swim, "i'll watch but i'm not going in."

"even if james asks?" teased summer to which regulus only laughed sarcastically for a second then dropped his face back to scowl as they walked to transfiguration.

the two took their seats at the back of the transfiguration class and took their materials out, summer looked over her essay frantically while regulus organised his desk to fit all of his stuff perfectly on it. being at the back, summer heard the door open and she looked over her shoulder and then back to the front in an attempt to not burst out laughing.

"look who's here to help out?" whispered summer, regulus lifted his head and saw james walking up to the front of the class to ask professor mcgonagall what he was supposed to do this lesson.