Chapter 44

Obi-Wan stood, surrounded by Death Watch, looking up at Maul, who sat on what used to be Satine's throne. Beside him, on either side, sat the Duchess and (Y/n), both with their hands cuffed behind their backs. Obi looked up worriedly at his elf, then to a pleading Satine.

"Your noble flaw is a weakness shared by you... and your duchess." Maul said, beginning to choke Satine with the Force. Obi-Wan looked on, angry, and was held back by the Mandalorians surrounding him. Maul stood as Satine struggled to draw breath. "You should've chosen the dark side, Master Jedi. Your emotions betray you."

Maul began forward, drawing Satine forward with him. (Y/n) tried to release herself from her bonds, only for Maul to begin choking her, dragging her towards him as well. "Your fear, and yes... your anger. Its so much like our dearly beloved elf's emotions." Maul pushed (Y/n) to her knees right in front of him, facing Obi-Wan. "Let your anger deepen your hatred!"

"Don't listen to him, Obi..." Satine struggled, Maul lifting her into the air as he kept (Y/n) at her knees. She shook her head, signaling to Obi-Wan that, no matter what happened, he mustn't let his anger overtake him. She knew it wouldn't, but her own fear was taking up her soul. Satine. Obi-Wan. Maul. Savage. Death Watch. It was too much.

"Quiet." Savage growled at Satine.

"You can kill me, but you will never destroy me." Obi-Wan said, strongly. "It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it!" (Y/n) gave him a smile, only for it to drop when she felt Maul's cold hand on her shoulder, gripping it tightly.

"It is more powerful than you know." Maul said.

"And those who oppose it are more powerful than you'll ever be!" Maul snarled at Obi-Wan's claim. "I know where you're from. I've been to your village. I know the decision to join the dark side wasn't yours. The Nightsisters made it for you."

"Silence!!" Maul growled, his anger overtaking his being. "You think you know me?! It was I who languished for years thinking of nothing but you and your elf. Nothing but this moment!" He pointed at the gasping Satine as he moved past (Y/n)'s form towards Obi-Wan. "And now the perfect tool for my vengeance is in front of us." He brandished the Darksaber in his hand, a weapon once used by Pre Vizsla. "I never planned on killing you. But I will make you share my pain, Kenobi."

It all happened too quick. (Y/n) couldn't comprehend it.

Obi-Wan was forced to the ground, and watched helplessly as Maul ignited the Darksaber, and stabbed it through Satine's stomach. The elf gasped in terror when she watched this monster rip the blade through the woman. Obi-Wan watched on in horror as Satine dropped to the ground, gasping in pain.

Maul pulled (Y/n) to her feet and leaned his lips close to her ear, whispering, "Watch as the man you love breaks, elf. Watch as he mourns the loss of another, one who is not you." A single tear dropped from her eye as she watched Satine die in Obi-Wan's arms. "I'm not through with you yet. I know the pain of heartbreak you suffer through, and I will use this, Galad. I will use this to break you."

"Do we kill him now, brother?" Savage asked as Maul pushed (Y/n) to Obi-Wan's side, and took his seat in his throne.

"No." Maul smirked. "Imprison them below. Let him drown in his misery. Take him to his cell to rot. I shall use him later to deal with the elf-scum."

When Obi-Wan was grabbed, he did not struggle. He merely walked with the captors. (Y/n) looked to Satine, saying, "Hiro hyn hîdh ab wanath.", before she was grabbed as well, and dragged along next to Obi-Wan. She felt his misery, his sorrow, but overall, his anger. He may not love Satine anymore, but he did once, and old wounds can sometimes scar instead of heal.