Chapter 26 - "Romanoff or Rogers?"

Seven, Natasha, Peter, and Steve sat on the jet, opposite Tony. SHIELD had sent a pilot to fly them back in one of their quinjets so they could all relax a little on the forty-five-minute flight back to the tower.

Natasha and Seven had both obviously been crying and Natasha was grasping Seven's hand tightly.

"Okay, one" Tony held up a finger, "Why do we now have a dog?" He pointed to the golden dog who was laying across Seven and Peter's lap, asleep.

"We don't have a dog, Tony," Steve replied, "The families had all already been relocated so he's coming home with us now and we'll get the microchip scanned soon"

"Shame, He's cute," Tony said, looking at the dog. "And two, how did you get down?" He looked at Seven.

"I flew," she shrugged nonchalantly. "No thanks to you, by the way, letting me fall to my death" She shook her head and scoffed.

"And three," He ignored Seven's comment and held up three fingers, "Why were you both angrily screaming in Russian at each other? And why do you look like you've been sobbing?"

"No reason" Natasha quickly intervened

"Oh please Natasha, you're grasping her hand as if she's going to disappear at any given moment," Tony rolled his eyes. 

"Uh, Seven?" Natasha looked at her daughter for approval and she shrugged before nodding slightly.

"Tony, meet my daughter"

There was a brief silence before Tony started yelling. "I'm sorry, your WHAT?" He stared at the two, "I thought she was dead"

"So did I. Turns out she was here with us" Natasha squeezed Seven's hand and smiled.

"That's insane. How long have you known?" He leaned forward, obviously intrigued.

"Two days now" Seven replied.

"I'm pretty shocked," Tony admitted, "Right guys?" He looked at Peter and Steve.

"Uhh, no?" Peter shrugged, "We both knew"

"What?! You BOTH knew?"

"Yeah," Steve said and Peter nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe this" Tony crossed his arms and slumped back in his chair like a child throwing a tantrum.

"If it makes you feel any better, you know before the rest of the team" Seven offered and Tony grinned,

"Before Wilson?"

"And Barnes" Natasha added.

"I'll take it" He nodded. "How are you going to tell the rest of the team?" 

"No idea" Natasha replied, "I haven't thought about it really"

"What if I just wear my necklace above my shirt and see how long it takes them to realize?" Seven suggested.

"Ooohh that sounds fun" Peter chimed in, "Let's bet on who realizes last."

"My bet's on Thor," Tony said immediately,

"No fair! I was going to say him" Peter pouted.

"Tough luck kid" 

"I'll go with Bruce," Steve said, "He never seems to leave the lab"

"I'll go with vision then" Peter said, "Seeing as I can't have Thor" He glared at Tony who sat there grinning smugly.

"No Way! Vision is a literal android, there's no way he doesn't see it" Seven said.