Chapter 16

I watched Ian Kingston walk into the airport, a sly smile playing on his lips.

Bastard

I took a deep breath and turned around to see my friends giving me awkward smiles while the rest of the company glowered.

I flushed in embarrassment and slowly jogged towards them, pretending like nothing happened.

"Miss Evans, where's your luggage?" VP asked me as I approached them.

"Oh Ian has them...." I trailed off realising I just call the boss by his name.

"Miss Evans" VP exaggerated on my last name and kept her hands on her hips. "Today might be a saturday but that doesn't mean you aren't here for work. You may address the higher ups properly, no matter what personal connections you have with them"

"Yes ma'am"

VP shot me once last glare and strode inside the airport. But before I could follow her with the rest, someone harshly grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You whore"

I turned to see Melissa scowling at me.

"Excuse me?"

She took a step forward. "You well knew he's my fiance but still you slept with him and seduced him"

I blinked. "Sorry what?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know. You ruined my life. You took everything from me. But-" She hissed. "I'm not gonna sit and watch. I will take him back before this trip is over"

"First, this is not a trip-"

"Shut up" She screamed. "Don't give excuses. He. Is. Mine. Periodt" Then she stormed inside, bumping into me on her way.

Are you freaking serious woman? Men are not worth fighting for. Dogs and chocolates are.

"Keep him. I never wanted him anyways" I scoffed and followed her inside.

After getting our tickets we boarded the flight and flew to California, spending half the journey checking out hot guys and the rest sleeping.

When we landed, the first thing we noticed were the palms and the sun, the bright sun, and the first thing we did was flinch like vampires.

"Y'all never seen the sun? Get on the bus now! Move move" The VP bellowed to the five of us, embarrassing us in front of other departments.

"Why is she a VP? She could have passed for a school teacher" Brian grumbled as we climbed on to the bus.

The bus took us a few miles away from San Francisco to a beachfront hotel that was built on top of a cliff, surrounded by mountains and greenery.

The view of the vast sea is spectacular, glistening under the bright sun with waves roaring and rolling, carrying the salt taste to the tip of my tongue. And the area breaths of everything that isn't New York. Calm and serene. Just like how I always wanted.

Lexi and Brian dragged their luggages to the lobby and asked for their room numbers from the receptionist. When I asked for mine the receptionist's eyes bulged out of their sockets and she stood up straight, looking frightened.

"Good Morning Mrs. Kingston"

"WHAT?" I screamed.

The receptionist winced, looking baffled. "Umm... anything wrong Mrs. Kingston?"

"Stop calling me that. I'm his fiancé not his wife"

Lexi's eyes widened. "Did you just acknowledge that you're his fiancé?"