' 🄵🄸🅅🄴 '

Lolade pursed her lips as she approached the teacher's office. The teacher had approached her when the announcement of the competition had been made but she had rejected it since she might have to stay back for lessons. Staying meant she would lose money everyday for a whole full week.

"Good afternoon sir" she greeted as she walked towards the teacher's desk.

"Lolade how are you?" Mr Illesanmi asked.

"I'm very much fine sir" Lolade replied as the older man nodded.

"Sir, about the competition, I would like to join" Lolade said as the older man's eyes almost turned to blinding lights.

"You would join?" He asked excited and Lolade nodded.

"Yes sir" Lolade confirmed as Mr Illesanmi started grinning from ear to ear.

"That's very good. That's very good" He said as Lolade sighed inwardly before walking away from the office after a series of instructions from Mr Ilesanmi.

She definitely had to work hard for the next few days since only a few days remained in the week. She had to make sure she claimed at least the third prize to make sure the fays she stayed back for lesson paid off.

"So you won't be going home with us today?" Aisha asked as Lolade nodded while packing her books.

"I feel like today is going to be boring" Aisha said as Nifemi snorted.

"Its not as if Lolade is one interesting person" Nifemi said as the girls burst into laughter.

"Okay nah. Let's go, we are getting late already" Tolani said as the girls bade goodbye to Lolade and started walking out of the class.

"So wait, I don't really get you" Christopher said getting amused at the turn of events.

"She made you amused so you gave her nine hundred naira for free?" Chris asked as Jesse shrugged his shoulders.

"That's not the point though" Jesse said.

"So what's the point?" Tofi asked as Jesse shrugged.

"Because there's no point" Jesse replied as both Christopher and Tofi glared at him as if he had two heads.

"Honestly, it just felt good, that's all" Jesse replied as Tofi shook his head while Christopher laughed.

"I wonder how we became best friends" Tofi murmured as Chris burst into laughter.

"We are all best friends because you wouldn't stop following Jesse around in Primary Three, you stuck to him like glue" Chris said as Jesse laughed while the latter scowled.

"Could we not talk about those unpleasant memories?" Tofi asked and Christopher nodded.

"Yes, your highness" Christopher replied before bursting into laughter even Tofi who seemed irritated couldn't resist putting a smile on his face.

"So if anything, I want to meet this girl who was capable of making almighty Jesse amused" Chris said as Jesse shrugged.

"Not sure I would ever see her again though. You know stuffs like that happen in stories and stuffs like that" Jesse replied as he opened his locker trying to grab one of his textbooks.

"Then, we'll assume we are in a story. In such stories, they always end up meeting each other again and then they fall in love and all" Chris said as Tofi shook his head at him.

"Well for the record Mr Christopher, this is not a story. This is real life, real life" Tofi said as Jesse laughed.

"Whatever" he replied as he shook his head.