Internship Start

Mina Ashido would die of embarrassment if anyone ever found out how much time she spent thinking about Michi Hamasaki. It's not even like she was falling for him, really; she was already hopelessly in love with a boy she'd only interacted with once. Still, she did care about Michi, and it kind of seemed like he had a death wish. She knew he didn't really, since he still had Eri to take care of, but he scared her.

Did he even know how to take care of himself? It sure didn't seem like it. Mina sighed, looking at Mr. Aizawa as he got everyone's attention. "Good morning class," he said. He looked tired, as always, but at least he looked alive, unlike Michi. "Today, we'll be looking at your internship opportunities." Mina's head snapped up, his statement garnering her full attention.

In spite of her thoughts being plagued with worry just moments ago, a grin split her face. Internships! This was her first chance to be a real hero. She cheered just as loud as the rest of the class.

"I'll be honest, you guys really impressed me. There are quite a few surprises in here," Mr. Aizawa said, making Mina swell with pride. It took a lot to impress their teacher, and she treasured every time they managed it. He pushed a button, and a list of names showed up. Todoroki had the most offers, with Bakugo at a very close second.

"Tch. I guess it pays to have hero connections," Kacchan grumbled, making a few people chuckle.

"I'll bet Todoroki just got more from rescue-based agencies," Ochako put in. "I doubt any combat agencies made an offer to him and not you." Mina didn't miss the way Kacchan's back straightened ever so slightly at the praise. 

She raised one eyebrow, grinning mischievously as her love senses started tingling, but when she glanced at Michi, he was staring into space like it was taking every ounce of willpower he had just to keep his eyes open. She scowled and turned to Toru instead, wiggling her eyebrows and gesturing at Bakugo and Uraraka. Toru couldn't really express herself with just her face, but she still managed to convey the same mischievous excitement. The emotionally untouchable Kacchan and the kind, bubbly Ochako? This was perfect.

Unsurprisingly, Michi was in third. The agencies were obviously put off by his self-destructive tendencies, as it was a pretty distant third, but his combat skill and his quirk made up for it. The three of them and Momo had offers in the thousands, and the rest of them dropped into the hundreds. Mina herself had three hundred and forty-seven, which she was proud of, and she was excited to see the list.

Mr. Aizawa handed them out, and Mina picked up hers eagerly. She read the first name, and her heart stopped. 

1: Hawks Agency

Did that really say that Hawks had sent her an offer? It had a little note next to it, and she squinted to read it.

Bring Hamasaki, it said in scrawled handwriting. What? She glanced over at Michi, who wasn't even trying to read his list. He was all the way across the classroom, so she couldn't just snatch it to take a look, but she wondered if it had a similar note, or if Hawks was just trying to get her to make sure Michi accepted the invitation.

She scanned through the rest of them, which included some other exciting offers, waiting for the bell to ring so she could go check out Michi's list. She heard the others whispering to each other excitedly, and she sighed. Jiro said something about Death Arms, Tsuyu mentioned Selkie, and Kirishima seemed excited about Fourth Kind. She looked at Kacchan and Todoroki, wondering what kind of offers the top two got. 

Naturally, Todoroki gave no indication of what he might be considering. Kacchan, on the other hand, was muttering to himself as he flipped through the papers.