Chapter 121

"You guys, what is it?" Clary asked with a smile as Serena and Izzy pulled the redhead into the weapons room, having returned from Idris a couple of days ago.

"Now that you have your angelic rune, it is my honour as the new weapons master to help you choose your signature weapon," Izzy beamed and Clary's grin widened.

"You're the new weapons master? Izzy, that's perfect for you!" Clary exclaimed as Izzy stood behind her new desk.

"I thought so too, precisely why I appointed her," Serena added. "And I'm here to watch and for moral support, seeing as you're basically my sister-in-law, this is a big moment for you," she teased as Clary pushed off the blonde girls' arm from her shoulders.

"Whoa, Jace and I only just got back together. Marriage is a little far off," Clary defended and Serena shrugged.

"If you say so."

"Anyways, this isn't about us. This is about you," Izzy said to Clary. "Alec has his bow and arrows, Jace has his seraph blade, Serena has her seraph swords, and I have my whip. Now it's your turn."

And after a couple of clicks on her keyboard, an automated weapons cache opened from the wall as Clary looked at it in awe.

"How do I choose?" Clary asked as she ran a hand over a blade.

Serena couldn't be happier as she wrapped her arm around Izzy's waist, the girl grinning in return as she copied the motion.

"Follow your gut," Izzy advised and Clary seemed to slip into a trance as she pulled two identical daggers from the cache.

"Dual kindjals, huh?" Izzy commented.

"I don't know why," Clary admitted.

"It fits your fighting style," Serena began to explain.

"You tend to use your left arm for balance. Now it'll be just as deadly as your right," Izzy finished.

Clary turned to her with a soft smile before Izzy closed the cache and Serena's phone buzzed and she sighed.

"Duty calls," she said before pressing goodbye kisses on both Izzy and Clary's hair and walking out of the room to find Alec.