11. The poems under the paintings

Heyy. This chapter is kind of all over the place so if anything confuses you, please don't feel afraid to comment, and I will clear it up!

Comment (I love reading y'alls comments), Vote, and follow me :)

TW: Mentions of abuse, immature alcohol usage, and mature conversations 

__________________________________________

Nova

I slept in today. It's the third day of my week off, and I have gotten too used to staying up late and waking up late.

I don't truly mind, though.

I made the mistake of telling Tony that I had nothing to do over my break, and she invited me to one of her work events.

It's an art exhibition for a modern artist. It's filled with rich people who have no problem spending 8 million dollars casually.

I guess it'll be fun to pretend like I'm one of them, even though I can barely pay for my coffee in the morning.

I tried telling her I didn't want to go, but she said it would do me good to leave the house for once and experience true New York culture.

There was no arguing with her after that.

She told me to wear something fancy but not too fancy- whatever that means. 

She was going to pick me up at around 5:30, and it was 12:30 right now.

I made a bowl of cereal but decided I also wanted fruit so I cut some up.

I sat on my green couch- my eyes half open, and turned on the T.V.

I put on whatever cartoons were already playing, propped my feet on my coffee table, and set my plate of cereal on my stomach.

I don't normally watch T.V and I still don't know how to change the channels on this thing, so I just normally let whatever is playing play. When I do want to watch something, I go to Netflix or youtube, but I just always end up watching it on my computer in my bed. 

I never got to watch any cartoons as a kid.

My dad spent any extra money we had on alcohol, so the only time I got to watch cartoons was when I biked to my neighbor's house every Sunday morning to climb their back fence and watch the cartoons playing on their T.V. since they were old and forgot to turn off their T.V at night.

Now that I'm an adult, I have an obsession with cartoons.

When I finished my cereal, I set the bowl in the sink and stared at the pile of dishes.

Then, I did something rare: I washed my dishes. I let the cartoons play in the background.

Once my dishes were clean, I made a cup of coffee. I suddenly had a new motivation to clean my whole apartment, so I pulled out all of the dust-coated cleaning supplies in my shoe closet.

I started with my bathroom, making sure everything was spotless.

Once I started something, I had to do it perfectly. I had always been like that, which was why I had so many unfinished hobbies. I always stopped something if I wasn't immediately amazing at it.

I continued cleaning until I heard my phone ring.

I picked up my phone and greeted Tony.

"Let me in," she said.

"Huh?" I asked, setting the phone between my ear and shoulder.

"I've been knocking for 5-minutes, Doll," she sighed, "Let me in."