17

Arabella found herself staying in the room of requirement for a good amount of time after each of her and Queenie straining sessions. She used it as a time to meditate and to calm down. She knew that no one really came in here unless there was some sort of party going on.

In the weeks following her time in Dumbledore office, Sirius and her had grown closer. They hung out later in the common room after everyone went to sleep, they pranked Filch after curfew, and spent many nights in the astronomy tower where Sirius gladly educated her on the stars. Not to mention he was always there to calm her down after her weekly fights with Jack Finch and his Slytherin pose. *cries in Slytherin*

Their late night talks in the astronomy tower were always different. Sometimes they talked about funny things like how James had fallen down two flights of stairs while asking Lily out on a date, or when Peter fell in the lake because he wasn't watching where he was going.

Though sometimes they talked about difficult topics. Sirius found it easy to talk to Arabella about anything and everything. He would sometimes go on and on about his family and how much he wishes he could leave his family house, but he never did because he didn't want to leave his brother behind. That was the only thing that stopped him.

Arabella sat cross legged on the floor in the room if requirement, completely focused on the cubes in front of her.

The red energy flowed through her hands, controlling the cubes that were currently floating in the air in front of her.

Queenie and Arabella had been experimenting
with her new powers. She could effortlessly float objects around her and control their movements with ease, and she was finally able to get complete control over her mental manipulation.

She was able to control Queenie and make her do whatever she wanted, not that she would use it often.

As she continued to focus on the floating objects in front of her she found herself thinking... "what if I..." she slowly lowered the cubes she had been focused on and stood up.

She focused on herself. She focused the same way she focused on the cubes just moments ago. Red energy flowed out of her hands again as her body began to gradually lift from the floor.

She stumbled slightly as she lifted higher, trying not to fall. She felt a smile grow on her face as she realized she did it on the first try. She was doing it. She was flying.

——————————-

A she stepped out of the room of requirement, she knew it was after curfew. It was very dark out and there wasn't a single person in the halls.

Before she left the room completely she looked to her left and right for Filch, and when she saw he wasn't there she made a quick walk for it.

Hogwarts had a certain smell that always made her feel safe. She couldn't describe it, but no matter where in the school she was it always had a certain smell that made her feel at home.

The silence of the hallways was stopped as she heard sniffles and footsteps approaching from another end of the halls. Crap. Someone's here.

She quickly jumped behind a wall, hoping to shield herself from the persons view. However, when she heard the door to the room of requirement open she couldn't stop herself from following after the unknown person. 

She came out from behind the wall and opened the door to the room of requirement quietly, hoping not to alarm the person in the room.

As she quietly walked into the room she saw a boy. He was probably a year younger than herself, and he was leaning against a wall with his knees pulled to his chest and his head buried in between them.

She walked over to the boy slowly before placing a hand on his shoulder. "Hey are you o-" her body tensed as the world around her changed.

Yelling could be heard from all around the room. The screams and shouts of Sirius and his parents echoed around the room loudly.

"How could you be friends with such abominations!" Walburga Black yelled loudly at the young boy in front of her.

"They are not abominations!" Sirius yelled back angrily. She could tell by the length of his hair that this memory was recent.

"They are filthy blood traitors! All of them!" The yelled at him again. "Making friends with mud bloods and blood traitors... where did I go wrong." She mumbled while walking over to a table in the room where her wand had been placed. She hurried back to stand infront of Sirius.

Arabella, who was watching but couldn't be seen or heard, squinted her eyes in confusion as she saw Sirius tense as he saw the wand in the women's hand.

"Crucio!" Walburga yelled as he pointed her wand at the eldest Black brother.

Arabella jumped slightly as Sirius began screaming. Her eyes widened at the sight. Sirius was being tortured just for being our friend.

His screams echoed around the room as he fell to his knees in pain. He felt as if he was being stabbed all over his body. The pain was unlike anything he had ever experienced in his life, and it was his mother of all people causing it.

How could someone treat their child like this... Arabella thought as tears built up in her eyes as she watched the boy she liked suffer.

It was a few moment later that she noticed the boy from before sitting in front of a fire with his knees brought up to his chest. Arabella was lord over to him to see his face.

Tears were built up in his eyes and his cheeks were stained with them. He slightly resembled Sirius. They had similar features. Their hair was very similar but this boy had curlier hair and his eyes were a beautiful grey-blue, which was different from his older brothers grey eyes.

He stared into the fire with complete focus, as if he was trying to block out the scene going in behind his back.

"You're a disgrace to this family." Walburga said as she lowered her wand. "Get out of my sight." She spat at him.

Sirius stood up slowly with tears streaming down his face. He held a strong face as he walked passed his mother. He didn't want to show her that she had a affect on how he felt, though it was difficult.

As soon as Sirius closed the door to the room Walburga turned to the other bot that sat I front of the fire.

"Don't you ever act like your brother Regulus." She said strictly.

"Yes mother."