𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

"Submit yourself to me, that is the only way for you to be truly free Y/N

"Submit yourself to me, that is the only way for you to be truly free Y/N..."

"I heard from Isabelle how you almost injured yourself because of the broken shards of the teacup," Muzan smirked when he noticed how Y/N began to tremble in fear, he already knew what was happening inside her mind.

He saw it as an opportunity for him to use and execute his plans.

"I won't run anymore, just release Machi and B/N...please," Y/N begged while trying to remove his hands from her waist, she was uncomfortable to be around him that it felt suffocating. "You can do anything you want with me."

"And why should I believe you?" The demon progenitor removed his hands from her waist and took a few steps backward. "You have done nothing but spew lies in my face my dear, it is only natural for me to not believe your words."

"I..." The H/C-haired woman gulped when she registered his words in her mind, he was correct she did lie in his face a few times. "I'll do anything this time, and you have my word."

Muzan hummed feeling a mild sense of accomplishment. "Are you proposing a deal? If so then let us make a deal."

"If that is the price for their freedom, then I'm willing to pay for it." The demon slowly clapped his hands while shaking his head from side to side with a taunting smirk on his face.

"You are truly naive, I wonder if you find out about his secret will you still think of your brother as someone you should protect?" Muzan grinned while walking towards the door.

"What do you mean? What secret?" Y/N frowned, his words confused her. She hesitantly walked to the door where the demon was standing while analyzing her face.

"All in due time my dear, for now, come with me we shall discuss the deal." She walked behind him, scanning the dark halls lit by candles near the walls, every window they passed was sealed shut with wooden planks.

Wherever they were the place was massive that she could get lost if Muzan was not guiding her. She wondered if Isabella was also here, she wanted to talk to her about the demon's confusing words.

Muzan opened the double doors and walked inside expecting her to follow, he went straight to one of the chairs and sat on it, and gestured for her to sit in the chair across the table in front of him. Y/N sat in the chair silently watching him closely she still wanted to ask what he meant earlier.

The progenitor snapped his fingers and Isabella entered the room with two girls behind her, their heads down and trembling while carrying trays in their hands. The tall woman stopped in front of the table and ignored the way the girls were shaking, she took the glass filled with apple juice and a plate of cookies and placed it in front of Y/N.

While an empty wine glass was placed in front of Muzan.

Y/N stared at the empty wine glass quizzically as her brows knitted together and her eyes widened when she saw a knife in Isabella's left hand.

She flinched when the purple-eyed woman snatched one of the girl's hands and sliced her palm open above the empty glass. The brunette was biting her lip hard to prevent a scream from leaving her lips, as she watched her own blood drip inside the wine glass.

Y/N's mouth went agape when Muzan casually took the glass in his hand and drunk the red liquid, she wanted to puke, her appetite was also gone she didn't want to eat the cookies or drink the juice given to her.

When she gazed at Isabella, the tall woman threw her a stern look as if reading her thoughts. She hesitantly took one chocolate cookie and bit it, she glanced at the demon who was watching her with an amused expression as she continued to eat the cookie.

"The rest of you may leave the room." Muzan lazily waved his right hand signaling them to leave. "Isabella stay."

As if sensing the young woman's stare he lifted an eyebrow. "Would you rather I eat her alive? I am tempted to devour her my dear, be grateful I am controlling my hunger in front of you."

"I wanted to ask..." The two girls immediately bolted toward the door after being dismissed. "About what you said earlier what do you mean? I want to know what is my brother hiding."

"If I tell you right now, where's the fun in that?" Muzan placed the glass on top of the table and crossed his arms. "And as much as I am willing to tell you, I shall wait until you find out that will be quite entertaining."

"Frankly I did not expect for his secret to be that deep and twisted, but it does explain everything." The black-haired demon grinned before leaning back to his chair, wiping the excess blood on the corner of his lips with his index finger.

"Isabella shall be the witness, now let us start shall we?"

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎

✁・・・ I just watched the mugen train... I'm so sad omfg T_T can someone give me tips on how to write an angst fic, I wanna hurt myself while trying to write one. 

And omg what do y'all think is the secret?