Chapter 19- Avengers to the Rescue

Emma's nose was bleeding, and she didn't know why. The other thing she didn't know, was that the color was black instead of red. She saw the scientist on the other glass, her onlooker, look at her with a grin that would make you think he just won the lottery.

  But only a mere few seconds later, the black liquid vanished without a trace, yet Emma could still feel it. Which made the scientist, Dr. Blead, more excited than ever. Happy that the experiment had worked, he entered the lab and walked right in front of Emma.

He stared at her in awe, but said into a mic in his jacket, "Test Subject NA-1802 has reacted well to the injection. Injection 2, adding in the next of the capabilities, shall be added in right now."

He grabbed the syringe and injected it into Emma's bloodstream, "The solution has been injected. Observation shall proceed."

  With that, he set the needle down and left the room, leaving a bewildered Emma alone. Test Subject? She thought, What are they doing to me? Does this have to do with the nose bleed?

  Suddenly, Dr. Blead's observation was cut short with the blaring of an alarm. He decided, at that moment, that he was more important than Emma Romanoff-Barton. That would later get him killed.

  Emma looked around, confused, but as the realization that it was the Avengers hit her like a brick, she grew giddy with joy. The Avengers are here! They're going to save me! She thought peacefully, as she drifted off to sleep.

Minutes later, Rogers busted through the lab door, and spoke through the coms, "Prepare the lab, Bruce. I found Emma. And she doesn't look good."

His response was instant, "Okay. Can you describe her condition so I can be better prepared?"

Steve looked at her, confused, but described to the best of his ability, "Her veins. She's pale, so it makes it easy to see that her veins, blood, has turned black."

"Look around. Is there anything, needles? Injections? This could be the result of an experiment."

Steve looked around, and saw the empty syringe on the table, "Yeah. I got a syringe. It doesn't have any label or anything, but its empty."

Steve could hear Bruce's sigh of relief, "Okay. That's good. Bring it with you. It could help figure out what's wrong."

  Steve nodded his head, grabbed the syringe, and untied Emma. He picked he up, and carried her through the doors, back the way he came. Once he was in the Quinjet, he sat her down on the table, which had been previously used with Clint, right before Ultron.

  The others were already on the jet, and stared at Emma, confused at the weird sight. Her hair was black at the roots, and it started to change her blonde hair to black. Soon after, the skin surrounding the veins faded into black. Soon enough, everything on her was black, too. She was like a 3-D silhouette. 

Bruce's jaw dropped, "Okay. I'm gonna go with experiment."

Clint looked at Bruce, and back to Emma, "Is she gonna be okay?"

The scientist sighed, "I don't know. I won't know until I have a full analysis of what was in that syringe."

  Everyone collectively gasped, causing Bruce's eyes go back to the 16 year old girl, laying on the table. Her veins has transitioned to being a glowing white, and then the same process went on with the white. But, the Avengers had to close their eyes and turn away, blinded by the light.

"What the hell?" Bruce muttered.

"The fuck is going on?" Steve whispered, confused.

Tony's eyes widened, "This is so confusing that even Steve said a curse word."