Little One

" The name reminds me of someone from my past days."     

"Little one?" She looked up to meet with a pair of concerned hazel blue eyes. He sat beside her, "Hey, hey, it's okay."

She cried, "Why? Why do I have to go through this?" Eric patted her head, "Hey, don't cry."

"You know, Eric, trust me, I didn't ask Arnold to beat Shawn up just because he yelled at me," She sobbed, "Because although it hurt, he had every right to yell at me, he was there for me, Rick was there for me, they all were there for me when I had no one to trust, nowhere to go, they all have right to yell at me, who is Arnold to beat him up when I didn't say anything?" 

"I know, I know, Rose, Shawn is also hurting because he lashed out at you, he hadn't eaten anything and even didn't put a step out of his tent. And I don't know what to say about Arnold, I really don't know him," he sighed. He just met them a few days ago but it was enough to notice their pure friendship and so, he could easily understand why Rose was so hurt. 

She calmed down and stared at the sky, what did she do to deserve this?

"It'll be okay, little one. Just let Shawn heal, he'll come running to you, little one." 

She gave a small smile, "Can you please not call me little one?" She blurted out.

"Why? You are so small compared to me. So why not?" Eric raised an eyebrow.

She sighed, "It kind of reminds me of someone."

He frowned, 'Wait, didn't they say you have amnesia? Is it someone from your last camp?"

"No," she breathed, "It's someone from the past."

"Are you comfortable with me sharing this?" he asked after a while. She looked at him, "I know, Shawn grew angry and stuffs but I want you to know why I told you to change the nickname. It's so cute and I liked it but although I don't know for long, I really trust you, Zac and Gabby. And the others still haven't spoken to me much. Anyways, the name reminds me of someone from my past and I feel very....how to say this....empty...looks like he had a special place."

He frowned, "What kind of special?" then suddenly smirked, "Lover?"

She slapped his hand, "No, you idiot, he was...kind of...." she trailed off, "I think... Shawn type?"

"Shawn type?" he mocked, "What's Shawn type?" 

"A special friend, very special, he used to call me little one because I was so small compared to him, I only reached...... what to call this....um....heart length....no, below that." She hid her face in her hands, "I don't even know."

*************************************************

"Little one, what are you doing?" she heard as she tripped. "What does it look like?" She snapped. He chuckled. "Is my little one hurt? Let me carry you," The blonde-haired boy offered.

"Back off." a raspy dark voice snapped. The curly brown-haired boy jogged to them, "I'll carry you."

"Ow, poor baby, no need to be jealous, I'm just going to give her a lift." The blonde-haired boy pouted, "Doesn't my Brownie trust me?" he whined in a baby voice.

"What's going on?" Rose asked confused, "Obviously he trusts you, stupid, he's your best friend."

"Yeah, but bec -" He started but the other boy jumped on his back, "Shut up liv. We talked about this," he said sternly.  "Okay, now move, you're not hurt, my little one is." He picked her up although she protested, "Hold on tight, little one." He started walking and a very angry-looking brown-headed boy followed their lead.