chapter 2 : introduction

I made sure my footsteps were very timid when walking in the office. There a young woman who looked around a year or 2 older than me sitting behind the desk in the office. Which surprised me a lot I didn't expect your boss to be so young; or a girl.

"Hi. My name is Evie i'm very excited to be working for you." I say in a low voice "I know." escapes her mouth quickly as she stares into my eyes a look that i'm guaranteed could kill me. I search around the office when I come across a name tag on her desk. "Ms. Evans I promise to work hard and be the best assistant I can be."

She cleared her throat "Okay well lets see if that's true." she said, as she handed me a full stack of papers. "I expect those to be dealt with by the end of the day." she says harshly. She gestures for me to sit next her in a school like desk. R.I.P to my back

I begin doing my work as i'm doing it I sneak several glances to my boss. I go to look up at her again what suprises me is the fact that her eyes are already on me. We lock eyes she looks at me and says "Is there something on my face."

I shake my head and whisper quietly
"No."
"So why do you keep staring at me."
That question takes me aback
"I was just wondering why you were so young, I expected you to be MUCH older."
She bursts out laughing after I say that. "That's it ?? oh god I thought something was wrong." Her smile making my stomach do backflips. A feeling I haven't felt in a while.

"If you must know i'm only 4 years older than you. I inherited the buisness and my family wanted me to start working here as soon as I could; so I finished highschool and immediatly started working here". Still focused on her smile it takes me a few seconds to reply with a simple "oh." I open my mouth to say something else when Kayla rushes into the door with a look I guess only the two of them would be able to understand.

As Ms Evans gets up out her desk to walk out the door she vaguely says to me "Once you finish your work you can go straight home i'm not sure if i'll be back before you finish." I nod my head "Okay." quickly and quietly escapes my mouth low enough so that only she could hear.
It takes atleast 30 minutes for me to finish up with all my paperwork.

I gather my stuff and as I exit I hear what seems to be arguing coming from the side of the building where I parked my car. I turn the corner and see a man around his early 30's reach his hand up to slap the woman infront of him.

I turn my head to get a clear view of the woman and it turns out to be Ms Evans; I immediatly run over to them and pull out my pepper spray that I carry on me most of the time. I look back to my scared and confused boss who i'm
now standing infront of.
                    --
ALRIGHTTT SEE YALL NEXT CHAPTER👴🏾