Season 3 ~ Gumbo

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman shoes." Robin shouts loudly, the rain falling down fast as we occasionally wipe our eyes, trying to see what was in front of us.

Loud whistling echos through the area as a man in a yellow rain jacket comes out from behind a truck, carrying a trolly full of boxes.

"They're with that whistling guy," Dustin shouts as the man walks in front of two large doors. "ten o'clock."

"What do you think's in there?" Steve asks, running his hand through his drenched hair.

"Guns," I shrug from next to him. "bombs?"

"Chemical weapons?" Robin says, shaking her head lightly.

"Whatever it is," Dustin says, holding the binoculars close to his eyes. "they're armed to the teeth."

"Great." Steve mutters sarcastically, wiping his eyes from the rain. "That's great."

Looking further ahead, I see a man stick a keycard in a electronic lock, the doors slowly opening as the man in the raincoat walks into the room, boxes placed in every corner.

"Hey," Robin says, wiping her eyes. "what's in there?"

"It's just more boxes." Dustin says.

"Let me check it out." Steve squints, reaching over, trying to grab the binoculars from Dustin.

"No," Dustin yelled, glaring at Steve while tugging back the binoculars. "i'm still looking."

"Let me see it." Steve wines, pulling on the binoculars harder.

"Hang on!" Dustin shouts as the binoculars slip from his hand and ramming the metal bar near us, making a loud thud as the Russians look up.

"Duck." I his as we turn around, falling on our backs against the concrete as Steve's hand slips into mine, squeezing it lightly.

Looking over, I see the door we came through was open. Making eye contact with Robin and Dustin, I tug Steve's hand as we sneak back into the mall, our shoes making a squeaking sound as we make our way back to Scoops.

"Well," Robin pants as we rush down the hallway. "I think we found your Russians."
===
"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun." Dustin explains as he paced around the back room as I sit next to Steve, my feet propped up on his lap while he stokes my ankle. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes - they really don't want anybody finding it."

"But there's gotta be a way in." Robin says, picking at her dark blue nail polish.

"Well," Steve says, blowing his hat and tossing it lightly on the table. "you know... I could just take him out."

"Take who out?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at my boyfriend.

"The Russian guard." He responds, shaking his head as if it was obvious.

Robin and I share a look while nodding slowly, knowing his plan isn't going to work in his favor so well.

"What?" Steve shrugs, looking between us, narrowing his eyebrows. "I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asks Steve with his arms crossed on his chest and his eyebrow raised.

"Yes, Dustin, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking." Steve retorted using his fingers to imitate walking as I rolled my eyes, removing my legs from his lap.