END 2: Bakugou Katsuki

"My decision . . . Guys, I'm . . ." you took a deep breath, trying to get your thoughts in order. "I want to st—"

"—WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!"

The loud outburst from behind had you jump in the air, your group clearly startled. Unsurprisingly, the voice belonged to Katsuki. Who else would come yelling and swearing at you all?

Feeling a bit irked that he had interrupted you, a forced smile made its way onto your face. "Excuse me, is there an issue?"

Apparently, as Katsuki caught up to your group, fuming, there was an issue. His hand wrapped around your wrist, tugging you towards him and nearly causing you to trip.

"Katsuki, what—"

Once again, he cut you off, although his words were less harsh. "Don't go," he grumbled, loud enough for everybody to hear. From behind, you heard Leorio scoff, but Katsuki ignored him. "I don't . . . Just . . . Fuck."

Watching him fumble for words was endearing in its own way, and your annoyed expression softened, your free hand coming up to pat his head twice.

"You interrupted me," you gently told him, and he let your wrist go. You didn't really move from your spot, turning around to confront your friends instead. "Anyways, what I was going to say, is that I want to stay here. In this world."

"What?!"

Five voices mixed together in different tones of incredulity, confusion, and surprise. Even Katsuki was surprised, and he was the one asking you to stay!

Huffing, you glanced back at the angry blond, before back at your friends, and then the portal. God, you did not want to confess your feelings in front of your friends and Katsuki. Talk about embarrassing! Instead, you opted for a different explanation.

"Being in this world . . . It's taught me a lot. I want to continue to learn and grow as a person. Besides, I can travel to and from whenever I want, now, thanks to Ai. So it's not like this will be a permanent goodbye."

Gon was the first to accept your decision, giving a wide grin and launching himself onto you in a bone-crushing hug. "We'll see you again for sure, [Y/n]-nee!" Automatically, your arms wrapped back around him, and you could feel the tears springing forward and landing on Gon's head.

"We will!"

You and Gon had broken the stillness, and soon Leorio had joined in, pulling Kurapika and Killua in for a group hug. For a moment, the five of you stood there before Katsuki cleared his throat in irritation.

Way to ruin the mood.

Pulling away, you held out your pinky to your friends.

"Pinky promise to meet again?"

Everybody extended their pinkies, even Kurapika, albeit him looking exasperated at the action. Once you all had made your pinky promise, the group of four bid you one last goodbye, giving final hugs before exiting through the portal. You didn't move your gaze until the portal was gone, before turning around to give Katsuki a questioning look.

"So why did you come out here to stop me from leaving? I kind of thought you'd be the last person to care, to be honest."

The low lighting made it difficult to see, but you could have sworn his face was tinted pink. "Shut up, dumbass," he grumbled. "There's still damage left in this world because of you, so you have to stay and fix that shit up, you hear?"

Well, that was a bit underwhelming, and you tried not to slump. Instead, you took a deep breath before meeting his gaze evenly.

"Do you want to know why I stayed?" You didn't give him time to answer. "I stayed because of you, dummy. For some, unfathomable reason, I really like you and want to be with you. Crazy, I know."