Chapter 12

I stepped into the courtyard, cool air hitting my face.  I wrapped my hands around my body.

People were always in the courtyard. Studying or talking.

I walked slowly, trying to waste time. I didn't need a stupid tutor, even if he was Cedric Diggory. I got to the top of a hill to see him sitting on a blanket at the bottom.

He was wearing a knit yellow sweater with a green jacket. His hair covered his face as he poured over a book.

I sighed, going down the hill.

"Hello," I adjusted the strap of my bag awkwardly.

His head snapped up.

"Hello," He smiled, "Y/n, right?"

"Yeah," I dropped down next to him, taking my books out.

"So Professor McGonagall told me that you all are learning the color change charm?" He cocked his head.

"Yeah," I sighed, taking my books out of my bag. "I just can't seem to make it do anything."

"Ok, let me hear you try." He handed me a dandelion.

I pulled my wand out of my bag. I held it out in front of me, adjusting it nervously in my hand.

"Colivaria." I swished the wand in the air and a few sparks flew out. Nothing happened.

I sighed, dropping my hand into my lap.

"Well, there's your problem." He chuckled. "It's co-loh-VA-ree-ah."

"Colivaria." I tried again and the dandelion went from bright yellow to dark purple.

"See?" He nudged me with his elbow, "Easy."

I smiled softly, twirling the purple flower between my fingers.

"Now," He pulled out his old history of transfiguration book. "Turn to..."

He flipped through his book as I opened mine.

"Chapter 27."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down with Fleur, Gabrielle, Hera, and Elijah.

"How was the study date with Diggory?" Hera nudged me, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Date?" Fleur raised an eyebrow.

"Ce n'était pas un Rendez-vous." I chuckled.

I turned back to Hera, "It was not a date."

"Sure," She chuckled.

I sighed, scooping food onto my plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 1 month later ~

I walked down the corridor to the courtyard. As I tried to go through the doorway, two 6th year hufflepuffs stopped me.