We Can Rest Now

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Fred Weasley┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"The smile on your face, I live only to seeIt's enough for me, baby, it's enough for meOh, heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Fred Weasley
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"The smile on your face,
I live only to see
It's enough for me, baby, it's enough for me
Oh, heavenly day,
heavenly day, heavenly day"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Nezz gripped my hand tighter than she ever had before.

Her and I walked hand in hand up the large sand dune where Dobby and Draco had been buried...and now it was Remus's turn.

All dressed in black, the long line of all those who'd loved Remus walked behind us like a sad parade. Nezz's long black hair flowed behind her, picked up by the breeze of the beach that she'd bled on mere months ago...

We finally reached the peak of the dune where long strips of grass leaned with the wind. Dobby's grave lay next to Draco's, covered with pebbles and socks that each of us had placed there when we'd been ready; Draco's grave stood next to his, the message carved into the stone simply being, 'You chose right'.

And now there was another stone next to Draco's with Remus's name printed onto it in a font that didn't look nearly nice enough for a person like him.

I gently guided Nezz to the side so that Harry, George, Ron and Bill could walk through-carrying Remus's body on a makeshift stretcher that had been bloomed with flowers. Fleur had done the arrangement and it looked wonderful.

When his body passed Nezz the boys paused, letting him linger in front of his daughter for a moment. A sharp intake of breath sounded from Nezz's quivering lips as the first tears of the day spilled over from her eyes, floating down her cheeks like water would down a creek.

Nezz slowly reached out her hand and placed it over his covered head. I could see the faint glow of her reddened magic radiating underneath her fingers. Then, the magic simmered out and her fingers returned to their normal fleshy pink as she took her hand away, cradling it in her chest she moaned in sadness.

The sound pierced straight into my heart.

"Love?" I hummed, patiently waiting for her to tell me what was wrong.

"I can't feel him anymore" she shuddered.

My eyes flickered upwards to look at the boys's faces when she'd trembled those words. Harry clamped his eyes shut, stopping the tears from pouring out whilst Hermione, Mum, Dad, Fleur, Neville, Ginny, Luna and her dad and Professor McGonagall all walked up the dune to stand where we were.

"That's okay, love" I murmured in her ear, pressing my forehead against her head, "just feel me" I said, taking her shaking hand and planting it over my heart where she could feel it beating just for her.