You-What? Part 2

Sophie's POV:

Keefe had been acting weird lately. I don't know why but he has. He's supposed to come over in an hour to help me with my history quiz since he had already taken it. H was gonna help give me answers, in a way. But it was gonna be a little weird. Ever since the accident in the lab, I had felt a little awkward around Keefe. Not in a bad way necessarily. My feelings for him just kind of....changed I guess? At first, I thought we were just like really really REALLY close friends or something, but it turns out I just happened to like him. It happens all the time. One of the best friends falls in love with the other and gets rejected by them and they become less of friends and eventually don't hang out anymore. I didn't want that to happen to me, so I just wasn't gonna mention anything. But that doesn't mean I can't look nice in front of him right? So I decided to pick a cute summery jumper thing. (Did I mention it's almost the end of the year and around summer now and they've been in school like all year now? No? Oh. Well.....they are!) I put my hair in a braided top and down bottom hairstyle and I wore brown braided leather sandals. I put on a little make-up that Biana gave me to try out every once in a while. Here's what I looked like:

I got all the stuff for my history class out of my backpack and got it all set u on the coffee table

I got all the stuff for my history class out of my backpack and got it all set u on the coffee table. I went to the kitchen and got out some brownies I made and put them on a tray on the coffee table with our work and made some popcorn to go with it. I got started on studying for the test when the doorbell rang. I looked at the time and it was exactly 4:30 just like I said. I opened the door and Keefe was standing there in clothes more than casual. I mean they were just as un-casual as mine were so it seemed like maybe he thought of the same thing I did? No Sophie! He doesn't like you okay!? I said hi and led him over to our workspace.

"did you make the brownies?" Keefe asked. He was fidgeting with his hands as he talked. Like he didn't know what to say. I gave him a weird look and answered his question.

"Umm yeah-yes! I did actually." He smiled at me and then picked up one of the brownies.

"You. Made this?"

"Haha! Yes! Why is that so hard to believe?"

"It's just, your Sophie foster! The clumsy girl who I almost ran over with my motorcycle remember?" We both started laughing when we remembered the first time we met.

"Okay, yeah I get that. But that's different than making food right?"

"Weeeelllllll-"

"Okay! Okay! I get it!" I said in between laughs. We sat at the table and got started on history. After about an hour I finally thought I was ready for the test. 

"Do you wanna stay over for a little bit longer?" I asked him as he got up. He started looking nervous again. 

"I-um...I don't know Sophie what about Grady? I've heard how you talk about his strictness and if he came home and the trouble maker was here-"

"Grady and Eadline are out of town for a business meeting for the next 3 days and Sandor is with his girlfriend at a party for the night. I think we're good."

"Okay then fine. Soooo what do you wanna do?"

"We could watch a movie? I heard there are some new movies on Netflix that are pretty good."

We started watching the croods. I don't know why I let Keefe pick the movie and I don't know why he picked a cartoon from when we were kids but it was fun to watch with him. We ate the popcorn I had made and finished the brownies. By the time the movie finished Keefe had fallen asleep on the couch. I checked the time and it was around 8:45. We had to wake up early for school tomorrow for Fsa's so I decided to let him sleep. I went up to my room and got a blanket from my bed and my favorite pillow and I put the pillow behind Keefe's head. Then I put the blanket over him. I was surprised he hadn't woken up by now from me moving him around to make him comfortable. He must be a pretty light sleeper. I noticed his hair seemed to be in his face so I moved it over and told him goodnight. He stirred awake as I said it and replied. 

"mhm. Goodnight Sophie. Love you."

"WHAT!" I basically screamed. He jumped from my response and once he seemed to understand what he had just said he started to panic.

"I meant! Um, It's not what you think! I just thought you were um....my....dad? Yeah. My dad! That's it! I was just-UGH! I'm sorry!" I didn't know what to say. I was stuck there frozen. Then the only thing I could think to say came out. I already knew the answer to my own question but it's all I could think to say then.

"You-what?" He seemed to size up a little in confidence and said

"You know what? I'm not scared anymore. *Deep breath* I.......I love you Sophie." And again I didn't know what to say. He liked me? No-loved me? I mean I liked him so this is great! But how do I explain that?

"I-um. I really like you too."

"You....do?"

"Ummm....yeah."

"Oh thank god! I thought this was gonna be like in those movies where the friend likes the other one and then-"

"And then the other one doesn't like them and then their not friends anymore? ya. Me too."

"Well it's not! So.....what do we do now?"

"I don't know."

"Well.....would you wanna go out some time like an actual date?"

"Of course," I said with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooo? Would you consider this a longer chapter? I just wanna know how long I should make it like was this short? Idk let me know.

-🍃🌺Fostaaa🌺🍃