3: Future Wife Part Two

Warning! This is part two of two, so definitely read part one if you want this to make sense!

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

 I had had an amazing nights sleep, and Fuyumi cooked us a delicious breakfast before heading to her school where she taught young pupils. Shoto and I had to head to Endeavours agency early as we knew he was the time of person who demanded punctuality. We thankfully arrived there earlier than expected, giving us time to hang around a bit whilst Endeavour dealt with other business. We got changed into our hero suits for the time being and waited for the pro hero to be done.

Finally the men he was speaking to left his office, and he called the pair of us in, having placed two chairs just in front of his desk. "Sit down, both of you," he said in his gruff tone, making me nervous. Shoto and I glanced at each other, and he could sense my nervousness so he reassured me with a nod. When we sat down there was silence for a second as Endeavour glanced between Shoto and I. "(l/n)," he said firmly, and i immediately sat up straight.

"Yes sir?" I said quickly.

"You're a powerful student and you have great potential in becoming a quality hero," he said, pausing and seemingly waiting for gratitude which I gave him after a moment.

"Thank you sir," I bowed my head.

"I've spoken to your parents, (l/n)," he said, this statement confusing me. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what he'd want with my parents. "There were three specific reasons why I sent you an offer, (l/n). One, I saw your performance at the Sports Festival, and was intrigued by your quirk, it has great potential. Two, I wanted to see it up close for myself, hence why I had you sparring all day yesterday. What I saw impressed me, and if it hadn't I would've sent you straight back to UA to apply for an intern with a much lower ranked hero," he said and I tensed up a little, learning this piece of information. "Lucky for you, I was impressed and have decided to keep you on for the rest of the internship week. And the third reason was that my son speaks very highly of you."

I glanced at Shoto who was sat as stiff as a board, staring at his father. "So, with those things in mind, the reason I called your parents last night was to ask them for permission which they happily gave me. (l/n) and Shoto, you two are to be betrothed as soon as you are both eighteen."

My jaw dropped open, my whole body then freezing on the spot. I could barely believe what I had just heard. My heart was beating erratically, knowing that Endeavour was setting up a quirk marriage but the idea of marrying my crush filled me with happiness, yet of course it was much too soon as we weren't even together, let alone knowing if he had feelings for me or not. However what happened next made it clear to me that he didn't hold any feelings for me whatsoever.

"WHAT?!" He shouted, standing up and slamming his hands down on Endeavours desk. "How dare you! Is that all you ever think about? 'Creating strong offspring' as you tend to word it? Well no, I'm not marrying someone you tell me to marry, I'm going to marry who I want to when I want to, I'm not going to marry her! You really think I'm going to marry (y/n) because you tell me to? Well of course I won't! I'm not marrying someone I don't even like, you can't force me into anything!" Shoto's voice echoed around the room and my heart split in two. "You make me sick, thinking you can force me into a relationship I don't want to be in," he added, kicking Endeavours desk and storming out the room.

I would understand if he said he didn't want Endeavour to set him up in an arranged quirk marriage, but he specifically targeted me and claimed he didn't want to marry me. His angry speech was playing on loop in my head and I sat frozen on the chair, tears threatening to leak from my eyes as my heart was breaking in my chest. Time had seemed to slow down achingly slow, and I wanted this to be a nightmare. Hearing your crush openly admit that he didn't have feelings for you nor would ever dream of having feelings for you stung more than anything.