Ch 290: That Would Too Troublesome

It was already the next day when Lin Ye awoke.

When he opens his eyes, he notices sunlight streaming in through the window.

The snow that had been falling all night had finally stopped.

Lin Ye is curled up on the soft bed, staring blankly out the window.

After a while, he remembered what had happened the night before. He subconsciously desired to stand up and assess the situation. However, he soon realised that the fact that he was already lying here meant that the crisis of the previous night had been resolved. He didn't know how it was resolved, but it was enough for him to breathe a sigh of relief. He then lay back comfortably, stretching his strained nerves and body from the night before.

Looking sideways at the snowy forest night under the sun outside the window, it feels really quiet here.

It's kind of lonely.

But the next second, a hand suddenly slaps his body hard.

'"Hey! Quack doctor! Are you awake?"

... I'm sorry for saying that. Please let me be lonely.

Twenty seconds later, Lin Ye glares at Lappland who is standing in front of him.

"What is wrong with you?! Why are you in my room again?!"

"I'm here to wake you up." Lappland says blankly, "Don't be ignorant of a good person like me."

"You? A good person? Did you hurt your head yesterday? You stupid dog."

Lappland did not take this kindly.

She then grabs on his arm. Then he chomps down on it.

"Aaahhhhh! Ow, ow! Ow! Let go! Let go!"

Lappland vaguely says, "You deserve it." Only then she lets go and nods in satisfaction. "I'm not a dog."

Lin Ye rubs the area where he has been bitten. He is beginning to believe that his life expectancy has been slashed in half since meeting Lappland. In that regard, he referred to Lappland as stupid. She is only upset about the dog part, not the stupidity.

Why do the women around him have to be so difficult to deal with?

Just when he was about to speak, he finds that Lappland's body is also covered with a lot of bandages.

He is taken aback and asks, "What's wrong with you?"

"Huh?"

"How did you get these injuries on your body?" Lin Ye asks, "In the temple yesterday, the place where you were injured should be only your abdomen. Why do you have more wounds now? Where did you go back then?"

"I was chasing someone." Lappland says, "Chasing after the guy who hid in the dark and shot me."

The guy who shot her?

Lin Ye immediately recalls the henchmen by Mephisto's side.

It seemed that this person was the same person who had shot him at Lungmen last time. If it weren't for Lappland, that guy would have most likely shot Lin Ye to death. Lin Ye, on the other hand, had been entangled with Mephisto for so long last night that he hadn't noticed this person.

It turned out that Lappland was the one dealing with him.

"You got these injuries when you fought with that person then?" Lin Ye guessed.

"How is that possible." Lappland said in a very disdainful tone, "That person can't hurt me at all."

"What do you mean? Didn't you get a few arrows shot by him when you were in the temple? If it wasn't for me, you should have died that time."

Lappland is angry again, "Are you looking for trouble?"

"No, no." Lin Ye shakes his head repeatedly, he does not want to deal with the pain of him being bitten by her again, "Please continue. Did you beat that guy?"

"Of course, I did." Lappland shakes her tail quickly.

She looks like a dog that wants to be praised now. Somehow, that's kind of cute.

Lin Ye can't help but smiles at that image.

"He was not a difficult person to deal with. Even though I was injured, I continued to fight him. It would be over in seconds if I fought him at my best."

"Is that so? So where is he now?"

Her tail and ears go down at that question, "He ran"

"Ran? Did you not say... Never mind that. Let's talk about how you are now." Lin Ye looks at her bandage again, "Strange, why are you still in bandages? Wouldn't you heal already with Sussurro's healing skill?"

"Because this is not something normal." Lappland says, "This is an allergy."

Lin Ye is even more puzzled, "Allergies? Why are you allergic?"

"That guy, he set off smoke bombs when he was escaping.", Lappland says with a finger pointing at her nose. "The smoke is poisonous."

Lappland shakes her head, "I took a big gulp."

Lappland recounts everything that occurred the day before. Lin Ye realised that SilverAsh had never left the Kjerag at all but had waited for his own Butler Green and the Reunion movement on the back mountain. The hordes threw themselves into the net. There appeared to be other actions at the Tribal Council, but Lappland didn't know because she had just run up to see Lin Ye's situation.

Because she and Lin Ye were the only people injured last night, but she was not seriously hurt. She only hales a large mouthful of smoke from an Originium bomb that Faust threw as he fled, causing allergies.

Lin Ye, on the other hand, suspected that the smoke bomb was not poisonous at all. Lappland, after all, took a big breath, and it was just an allergy. Perhaps the poison smoke was too weak. Even if it is not toxic, it must contain some unusual ingredients. Lappland inhaled so much in one breath that an allergic reaction was expected.

When he was about to ask if she was okay, Lappland led him to the room, saying, "I came up to see if you were dead."

Lin Ye's mouth twitched slightly, "What did you say?"

"I said I was checking if you were dead." After that, Lapland left.

Lin Ye sighs but a smile is on her face.

Then, a familiar female voice rings in Lin Ye's ear, "Sighing in the morning? You'll grow older if you keep doing that."

Lin Ye is stunned. Then turns around abruptly to see Messiah standing beside him, smiling.

"Messiah!" Lin Ye is startled, "Why are you here?"

"To get some wood." She winked.

"... What?"

"My house got wrecked." Messiah shrugs. She says helplessly, " I want to buy some wood. Go back and build a house"

".... Is that all?"

"No." Messiah squinted and smiled, "I came to see you, of course."

Lin Ye is speechless. Then he smiles gratefully at her.

"You were there last night?" Lin Ye immediately cheers up, "So, the one named Mephisto..."

"He got away," Messiah says seriously.

Lin Ye is taken aback, "What? "

Lin Ye had no doubts about Messiah's words, but he got a headache just thinking about him, "He got away..."

"True. He is a very dangerous individual who will pose a significant threat to you in the future. So, don't be too gentle with him."

"Too gentle?" Lin Ye inquires, "What do you mean?"

"In other words, if you want to get stronger, you must put in the effort. Don't get killed by someone like that " And Messiah, with a smile, says, "I would rather not leave Karlan to help you. That would be too troublesome."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq