Chapter 20

*Edited

*Edited

Layla

I woke up to a cold breeze running over my body.

I felt myself being held tightly, strong arms around my waist.

I opened my eyes and saw Landon's bright silver eyes strained towards where he was walking.

Feeling relieved it was him I closed my eyes again and snuggled into his chest.

It was still dark outside, I didn't even realise I fell asleep. 

I heard the car door open as he carefully put me in the passenger seat, along with placing the seatbelt over me.

He shut the door and walked over to his side. 

He got in, started the car and before he drove off he turned the heat on. 

Unaware of me watching him he just continued driving, leaning back in his seat as he propped his elbow up onto the window cill and ran a hand through his hair as the other hand was steering the car. 

Swerving through the cars, he takes a glance at me and then smirks when he sees that I'm awake. 

We sit in comfortable silence as the soft sound of the radio plays and the roar of the car flows through our ears. 

"That was the first time I've slept in weeks." His deep voice says breaking the silence.

My eyes widen in shock. 

"What? how come?" I ask him in shock while turning my head to him. 

I couldn't imagine not sleeping for even a day.

"Work. Never really get the time to sleep." He says blankly. 

"Well, you're always welcome to come to sleep with me if it helps," I say but then close my eyes shut at how weird that sounded. 

Good job Layla, you fucking weirdo.

The sound of his deep chuckle goes through my ears. 

"Thanks for the suggestion." He says with a smirk and turns his head to wink at me before making a right turn.

I just turn my head towards the window to hide my blush.

After a while, we make it back to his place. 

We thankfully don't have school tomorrow due to some teacher/staff development day. 

I glance at the clock on the screen to see what time it was and it was nearly 2am. 

I watch as Landon parks in his very big driveway. 

He gets out opening the door for me and he holds his hand out for me to take.

I take it and get out of the car.

He shuts the car off and we walk into his mansion hand in hand.