Q&A

It's been about a year since I completed difference, so I thought I'd answer some questions about the plot, characters, etc like I've done with other books in the past.

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS, so if you haven't finished the book, you should before you read this.

These questions come from a post on my page, and my PMs.

Why does Farrah share what happened to her with Eden, but doesn't have that conversation with adonis?

I felt as if the conversation about Farrah's trauma didn't need to be discussed with adonis. It came up in a conversation with Eden where he was having some self doubt...and she felt comfortable enough to share. I also didn't want to enforce the idea that because both Farrah and Adonis have PTSD, that they were in some way trauma bonding. They never bonded over their trauma.

What happens to Abigail?

Nothing; she goes on with her life without speaking to Adonis, Farrah, or Braheim.

What happens to adonis and Farrah in the future?

Read Haven :)))

Why doesn't Eden identify as bi or pan?

I love this question. Eden didn't feel the need to have a label for his sexuality (and I didn't feel the need to write him one) because he's not out in the dating scene, he's not finding himself, he doesn't owe anyone any explanations— he was just in love. People get caught up in labels sometimes. If I had to label him, I'd call him queer.

Do you feel like Adonis is infantilized?

I do not infantilize adonis in my writing. He's a teenage boy with teenage thoughts, and actions. He's not like everyone else, but he's not meant to be. he's not meant to be childlike, he's meant to be clueless at times. He doesn't understand people the way the average person would. Howeverrrrr, I do feel like sometimes comments may contribute to the idea that hes infantilized. Very few comments, not all.

What was your favorite part of the book?

I love the backstory of Adam and Eden telling each other how they feel ❤️ so cute

What's something you almost added to the book, but didn't?

I wanted Adam to be white, but I decided against it. I also considered giving adonis a friend that would turn on him— but he's been through enough lol. In the beginning of the book you'll see me mention this friend somewhere, never to be brought up again loll.

Is adonis really neurodivergent?

Yes.

Who is adonis based off of?

My friend from HS— who I'm still close with now. I talked all about him in the early chapters of my rant book if you're interested. (Yes he knows about the book!!)

Why does this book take place in Canada?

I am from Canada— but I saw from my analytics that around 85% of my readers are from the US, so I typically don't write about Canada anymore.

When was this book written?

I began in 2018 I think, I gave up for a while, picked back up in 2019 and I think I finished that year.

What's next?

I will be finishing Haven in the next couple of weeks/months (?) so y'all go read that!! I also have a newer book Relentless out, please check it out :)

pretty soon I'll be releasing another book 🤫 so stay tuned

that's all I could find that I hadn't already answered, so if you have a question you can comment or PM me and I promise I'll answer