Chapter 26

Aaron POV

My eyes snap open as my mind runs in panic. Aaliyah collapses onto the bed beside me. I pull her closer and try to shake her awake.

"Angel!" I scream, the worry making a fist around my heart, "Aaliyah! You need to wake up."

She stays unmoving as little whimpers leak from her trembling lips.

"Please, angel. Wake up," I beg her, calling out over our bond too.

I try to reach back into her head, but the door stays locked. I scream and pound against it in her head, but she refuses to open it.

Dad! Grab the witches and get to my house now! I scream over the pack bond, not bothering to explain the urgency.

"Aaliyah, let me in, angel," I try again, "I can't lose you. I need you to come back."

Her whimpers increase in volume and tears start to push past her closed eyelids to stream down her cheeks. My heart breaks at the sight and I tug her into my lap. I hold her tight and rock her back and forth to try to calm her down.

But it isn't working.

No sweet whispers or loving touch or even begging is going to bring my mate back to me.

She's not going to wake up. She's trapped in her mind and lost in her memories.

"Aaron!" I hear my mother call out as thundering footsteps move through the house and towards the bedroom. The door crashes open and my eyes meet those of my father.

"She won't wake up," my voice cracks as I feel the tears stream down my face.

*****

I'm holding my mate in my lap on the bed as my parents talk to Ivy. I try to focus on keeping my heartbeat steady, but it's still running a marathon.

Aaliyah's whimpering hasn't stopped even as I rock her back and forth. I feel Kiba try to reach out it Aiya, but he can't feel her either.

Why won't mate wake up? She needs to wake up, he whines.

I don't know how to answer him. I can't focus and the fear I've been trying to hold back keeps squeezing my heart the longer this goes on.

The argument at the end of the bed is getting louder by the minute, but I can't hear the words they are saying. The only thing I can understand is that they don't have an answer.

"Enough!" I growl, halting their words completely. I tear my eyes away from Aaliyah's face to the group of them, "Can you wake her up?"

Ivy shakes her head, "If I try to force her out of her memory, it could break her mind."

"When mates go through the sharing, they go deep into each other's subconscious and memories. Aaliyah is now trapped there, we can't just pull her out," my dad says.

"There has to be a way to get her back," I say. I will not accept that my mate is lost to me now, trapped in the memory I saw.

She had been tortured for years in that lab. I promised her she would never go back and now she's trapped there.

"Has this ever happened before?" My mom asks Ivy, "We've had mates who failed the sharing and were pushed out of it, but both the pair were brought back out."

"It depends on what stopped the sharing," she answers, "With the pair before, why didn't it work?"

"Lack of trust," my dad speaks up, "She had slept with some one before and he saw it in the memory. She didn't trust that her mate could accept it and let go. It took some time, but they eventually tried again and completed the bond."