(25) Paralysed and The Swimming Pools

"I told you, I just... I walked in, and I saw the jeep on top of the guy." Stiles told his dad while he was sitting in the ambulance. "That's all."

"What's wrong with your hand?" Mr. Stilinski asked his son.

"Nothing. Can I just get out of here now?" Stiles asked shaking his numb hand.

"Look, if there's something you don't think you can tell me..." The sheriff said.

"You think I'm lying?" Stiles asked.

"No, of course not." The sheriff told him. "I'm just worried about you. Now, if you saw someone do this, and if you're afraid that maybe they're gonna come back and make sure you don't say anything about it..."

"I didn't see anything." Stiles told his father. "At all. Can I go now, please?"

"Sure." His dad said. "But not in your jeep."

Stiles turned his head to his father.

"We're gonna have to impound it. Sorry, kid, evidence." Stiles looked at him and sighed annoyance. "I'll see you at home."

"All right, well, at least make sure they wash it." He told his dad as he backed away and then a girl ran over to him in the rain before sitting down besides him in the ambulance and hugging him.

"Thank god you're okay." Alex mumbled into his shoulder as he hugged her back before she pulled away.

"You are okay, right?" She asked him.

"Yeah, well, more okay then the mechanic working on my car." Stiles commented.

"What happened?" She asked him.

"There was this guy, well, he looked more like a lizard, he had a tail, and scales, but he was as big as a man." Stiles told her, making sure no one else was listening, and she looked concerned.

"It cut the mechanic on the neck and he fell to the ground paralysed. I touched the door handle on the door which was covered in this liquid which paralysed me as well." He said.

"I.. I couldn't do anything to help him once he, well, died." Stiles sighed and Alex placed her hand on his leg and he held it.

"It was unlike anything we've ever seen, I don't... I don't know how we're gonna defeat this with Derek as well." He told her looking into her eyes.

"We'll figure it out." She told him. "Scott will figure it out."

She squeezed his hand and he brushed his thumb over her knuckles as they looked out into the rain.

§{~}§

Scott pulled up to the ambulance to pick Stiles and Alex up.

Stiles got into the passenger seat while Alex got in the back.

"You okay?" Scott asked Stiles once he closed his door.

"Yeah." Stiles said. "You're right. It's not like you. I mean, it's eyes were almost, like, reptilian. But there was something about them."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked him, leaning forward to talk to the boys.

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes,-" Stiles paused while explaining. "- and you feel like you know them, but you just can't figure out who it is?"

"Are you saying you know who it is?" Scott asked his best friend.

"No." Stiles answered as he turned to look at them. "But I think it knew me."