꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

                                                    "SKYLER,"
Kol calls out to his wife in a sing-song voice. Skyler groaned, rolled over onto her back, and ignored him. "Skyler," he calls again.

This time he gets a response.

She lifts her head, her eyes narrowed in displeasure, "What?" She asked grumpily.

Kol's smile falters into one half of what it used to be. Waking her was fun, telling her why was not. "You've gotta go." He told her softly.

Skyler's eyes softened immediately, her frown deepening. "How long?" She asked in a whisper.

Kol glanced at a nearby clock. "Twenty minutes at best." He answered, "I waited as long as I could."

Skyler nodded, rolling onto her back she sat up. "I know."

Ten minutes later, Skyler was saying goodbye to the Mikaelson family albeit reluctantly. She didn't want to go now. She wanted to stay wrapped up in his arms for forever.

"I love you." She whispered to him, he smiled at her softly, hiding the tears in his eyes from his siblings though he didn't dare try to hide them from her.

"I love you too."

Skyler entered the Salvatore house ten minutes later. She could've gotten there much sooner had she not made a stop along the way to grab a bite. It had given her more energy but she was still exhausted.

She had been exhausted before going to the Mikaelson home, and although the sleep she got while there wasn't long, it was the best sleep she had gotten since she came here. But it still wasn't enough.

"Well, well, well look who's home." Damon called, appearing in front of her as soon as the door opened.

Skyler rolled her eyes and closed the door behind her. "What do you want?" She grumbled not trying to hide the fact she was tired.

"Aww is the wittle baby tired?" Damon said with an exaggerated pout.

"Damon," Skyler spoke in a sickly sweet tone, a smile on her face suddenly, "Get to the point before I rip your heart out with my teeth." Skyler's smile fell the second she finished her threat.

Damon gave a faux gasp, "You wouldn't do such a thing to your dear older brother!"

Skyler's glare intensified. "Try me."

Before Damon could say another word, Stefan appeared beside him, "Okay, you're done." He said pointing to his brother who pouted but went silent. Stefan sighed, turning to his sister next, "What he meant to ask was; do you want to go to the Founders Day Parade?"

Skyler blinked in surprise. She didn't exactly keep up with the events of Mystic Falls, also known as her own special Mystic Hell, so she had no clue the parade her family used to run was coming up.

"No." She deadpanned, not having nearly enough energy to deal with this.

"Come on, it'd be fun! Everyone's going!" Stefan urged her.

"We could even have a little snack there." Damon added with a smirk that increased when Stefan and Skyler both sent him a glare.

Skyler ignored Damon after his suggestion, and she tried doing the same to Stefan but she had always been a sucker for his puppy dog eyes. As children, he would use them when he wanted to play for "just five more minutes," she had always fallen for it and he knew that.