A Painfully Pleasant Reunion

"What do you mean?"

   The giant exhaled deeply, his breath warm. A feeling of anger and anxiety started to build up within me. I had faced challenges upon challenges, beat monsters and gods alike, and travelled in the past few days more than I had in my entire life. No way was it all for a waste.

   "War is an elemental force," he said, pointing to one of the walls. "A force without which, life would not exist."

   The walls he pointed to started to morph and change. Carvings of battle appeared on them, but disappeared just as quickly. The numerous colours of rock gave the scenes a life-like appearance.

   The image at the end hovered longer than the rest: a muscular man standing over a limp human body, a bloodied stone in his hand and rage in his eyes.

   "Who is that?" I asked, pointing at the enraged man. I'm not sure, but I think I saw the guardian's expression sadden a bit. His eyes dimmed ever so slightly.

   "Ancient history, child" he said, not looking at me directly. "A pinnacle branch of humanity."

   Before I could inquire any further, he swiped his hand across the scene, shattering the rocks and with it, the image. Confused a bit by the guardian's behaviour, I looked at him questioningly. However, it became very clear that the topic was not up for discussion.

   "As I was saying," he began, fixing his posture a bit. "Destroying war is like trying to bottle up the ocean, an almost impossible task for even a powerful being."

   "Nothing I say would change your mind, but know this," his expression suddenly turned dark and the light within his eyes swirled like a vortex in the ocean. "You stand much to lose. Are you really willing to save the world at the cost of those that you love?"

   I was caught off guard by the question. Would I sacrifice the world just so that the people I loved could live? The more I thought about it, the harder it became to answer it. 

   "Yes, you would. That's what makes you so dangerous." I heard the voice of Athena in my head. I knew it was just my imagination, for Athena lacked the power to get in my head anymore. But it was convincing nevertheless.

   "I...I..."  despite my best efforts, I couldn't stop stammering. Before I could answer, a bright flash from the other side of the doors made itself known to us. The guardian sighed once more. "I hope you make the right choice when the time comes." He said before turning towards the door. 

   With a mighty push, the guardian swung open the doors, revealing a hellish [[{lol}]] landscape. The air was thick and irritating, and the light was painfully bright. A few meters past the door,  the floor, walls and the ceiling were composed entirely of out dark granite.

   The bottleneck of a path then opened to a reddish terrain that stretched farther than the eye could see.

   But what caught my eye was the tombstone that lay on my path just a meter ahead. I walked past the doors, examining the tombstone that I found to be quite peculiar. Even more peculiar was the engraving on the tombstone. It read the following:

   Andromeda Fish Feyrer

   Born: April 01 1993

   Died: Not Yet(sadly)

   "Ps, I wanted to cremate her"

   My eyes widened as I realised who the tombstone was for.