Chapter 32

"Whoa, a visitor." Nikita said, referring to Lila and shut the door behind her. 

"Oh, she's here." Lila rolled her eyes, crossing her legs on the couch. 

"Of course I'd be here because I live here." She scoffed, walking up to us on the couch and dropped her bag to the floor carelessly. 

"Oh, right. She does. I think I forgot that." She replied sarcastically. 

Nikita sat on the couch opposite to the one we sat on. "You definitely forgot that." She turned to me. "How's your boss now? Should I be expecting to be an Aunt to a Millionaire baby now?"

"Nikita, jeez." I picked a throw pillow and threw it at her. 

She burst into laughter. "What? I should expect that, you were literally living with him. By the way, when did you arrive? I was out with my sugar daddys." She winked.

"Wow, such a statement to announce proudly." I replied sarcastically. "I arrived yesterday." 

"Oh, so… your boss— don't tell me you haven't agreed to give him a chance." Lila drew her eyes in askance. 

"Yes, yes, I have." I rolled my hands around.

A grin appeared on Lila's lips as she jumped to give me a tight hug, almost choking me. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Too tight." I breathed out, gently pushing her away from the hug. 

"I'm happy for you too. We'll finally be rich!" Nikita threw her balled hands upwards with a smirk playing on her lips. 

"I'm really excited." Lila beamed. 

"It's so obvious you are." 

"Whoa, my best friend's dating a Millionaire."

"No. She's dating a guy who has loved her for two years or whatever, and is giving him a chance." Lila frowned. 

"It doesn't change the fact that he's worth hundreds of Millions of dollars, babe." She returned her gaze to me. "And she's dating him. He should definitely help us out with the house renovation or something."

"Nikita, let's forget the money for now." I held up a hand. 

"Exactly!" Lila sighed. 

"You can but I'm not. Anyway, I'm outta here, I have to have a nice bath to be clean again." She rose to her feet and picked her bag from the floor, shambling out of sight.

"How did you ever become friends with such a bitch." 

"Lila!"

"It's not a lie, she's crazy."

"She's crazy but I love her for who she is, as well as I love you for who you are."

She folded her arms across her chest and glared at me for a while before a smile slowly returned to her lips. "I'm still super-excited you're dating Hames now." 

"We're not dating, I'm only giving him a chance to prove he's worthy enough."

"Oh, you are. Mom would be so happy to hear this news. Speaking of Mom, her final surgery would be completed the day after tomorrow and we'd be able to visit her. We should create a surprise mini-party to congratulate her on her restoration of good health. What do you think? I'll order cake, and anything Mom would love."

"The day after tomorrow?" I winced. 

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"I'd have to return to work."

"Return to work? You're home now. Don't you have a week break or something?" She winced too. 

"No, I don't. It's just a 2-day break. It'll end tomorrow."