Rwby Vol. 8 Part 14

--Your POV--

Penny and I zoom around, fighting Cinder as both of us exchange hits with her. The new human girl flies away from I stood firm against the false Maiden before she let out a fiery explosion herself, knocking me out of the air. She follows up with her stretching her Grimm arm toward Penny but Weiss quickly came in and moved Penny out of the way.

I continued my assault on Cinder until she kicked me, sending my body down to the main platform as she launches a fireball at Weiss' Queen Lancer. Their bodies crashed against the ground and their auras flickered with mine. To make it worse, Cinder landed on me and further damaged my aura shield.

Penny: *sees Cinder eyeing the Staff on Weiss, so she blocks her view on the Ice Queen* I'm right here! I'm what you want! | Cinder: Heh, I want it all...

She dashed toward them but Blake dropkicked her away.

Blake: Get up!

I grow my wings and took the Staff from Weiss.

Y/n: Go help them! I'll help Ruby and William!

She nods and I flew towards Petals. Bullets and acid flew from their battle between them and Neo as she had a very fluid control of the battle.

Y/n: Leave her alone!

Surprising her with a combo thanks to Gemini, I kicked her into the portal nearby and later helped Ruby up.

Y/n: C'mon love, let's do this for Yang. William! You alright? | William: *groans* Yeah...WATCH OUT!

I look down and see fire ready to burst, so I gave Ruby the Staff and pushed her away before I was launched into the air and was stabbed with several obsidian shards, breaking my aura.

Ruby & William: Y/n!

--William's POV--

Y/n's body hit the ground, barely conscious as Neo comes back with her umbrella ready.

William: *gets back up and clashes with Neo* Go!

It didn't take long until Neo disarmed me via using her Mirror semblance and attacking my blind side, launching me off the platform with my staff spinning in the air. I grew my wings and tried to catch the air but it wasn't developed enough to do its job, so I made my acid hands and saved myself.

William: *fails to get his weapon back* Noo!

I heard a yelp and turned to see Neo still focusing on Ruby as the young girl is getting sloppy with her attacks. Luckily she was able to almost knock Neo off the ledge and grab the Staff back but Cinder stepped in and roasted her, breaking her aura as she fell and held on for dear life with Neo.

Cinder: *faint voice as William makes a mad dash to their location* You shouldn't have never threatened me...and you...should have never been born.

Y/n & William: Ruby!

Still up and kicking, Y/n spread his wings and caught her as he deflects a fireball with his scales that was ricocheted from me as Cinder interrupted my acid hands going to catch Ruby. Y/n flies upward but one of his wings were cut off from his back, releasing a pained cry as he and Ruby plummets to the darkness.

Penny & Blake: Y/n!

Penny gives Blake a boost as she was blown away from Cinder with a fireball. Blake caught the two and threw her grapple, sticking to a platform I was on so I quickly grabbed it and began pulling, only to fall onto my ass as I immediately realize that the line was cut.