nineteen

19. Heart Of Darkness

"Klaus!" Caroline yelled, barging into Klaus's room.

"Hello, love" Klaus greeted.

"I need your help" Caroline said, getting straight to the topic.

"Help with what?" Klaus asked.

"I have a plan to make Damon and Aria spend some alone together" Caroline replied, "And I need your help in executing the plan".

"May I first know the plan?" Klaus asked.

"Okay, so now that we know that whenever an Original dies, their whole sire line dies along with them, me and Damon don't know which Original sired us, because the vampires who could tell us are all dead, right?" Caroline said, "I've talked to Jeremy and Kol and they are in, basically we send Damon and Aria on a road trip to Denver, telling them they need to talk to Jeremy so he can talk to a dead Rose so we can find who me and Damon are sired from, road trips are Aria and Damon's thing, last time they went on a road trip they ended up having their first kiss, maybe this time they will get back together".

"And how are you going to convince them to go on a road trip together?" Klaus asked, looking at Caroline in amusement.

"That's where I'm going to need your help, I can convince Damon easily, but convincing Aria is going to be hard, so I need you to do that for me" Caroline replied.

Klaus sighed, "Fine, I'll entertain you, but if this doesn't work, you better be ready for Ari's anger".

"Yay!" Caroline said, jumping up and down, "Mission bring Aria and Damon back together, is officially on".

***

Aria entered the basement of the Mikaelson mansion, where Alaric was being kept.

Last night, Stefan had gone to get the last white oak stake from where he hid it, but he found nothing, but an unconscious Alaric laying there, they all came to the conclusion, that Aria's spell didn't work, somehow dark Alaric figured out where Stefan had kept the stake, and now his hid it so no one can find it, which is why Alaric was now being kept in the cellar of the Mikaelson mansion, they were waiting for dark Alaric to surface so they can get the location out of him.

"Ric?" Aria called out, not knowing which Alaric she was talking to.

"Yep" Alaric replied, "Still me".

Aria opened the cellar door and entered the room.

"You know you shouldn't be in here" Alaric said, "It defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing".

"If dark Alaric tries to surface while I'm here, I can take care of myself" Aria said, placing a bag infront of Alaric, "I bought you some basic necessities such as a toothbrush, some spare clothes, some books that might put you to sleep".

"Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?" Alaric asked amused.

"You've got to admit, it's pretty funny" Aria replied, giving Alaric a cheeky smile.

"At least one of us still has a sense of humor" Alaric commented.

"Ric, are you sure you want to stay here?" Aria asked, worried about the man infront of her.