The Words Around

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

Seokjin carefully balanced the bags he had onto one hand, so he could press the buttons to get the elevators down.

The doors opened soon enough, and out came a couple. He did not recognise their scents, his nose crinkling as they walked past him. Ever since he got pregnant, he has been sensitive to certain smells.

Not like he would recognise half the building anyway, since he was always either at work or at home. He would be out with his friends on some occasions, but he had never really got to know anyone in his apartment properly.

The apartment he stayed in was quite suitable for him.

It was not some high-class apartment, but it was pretty well equipped and affordable. There were only two bedrooms and a bathroom, along with a kitchen and a living room. Perfect size for a single man like him.

A single, pregnant, omega man.

He sighed, walking out of the elevators to his floor. He trudged along the hallway slowly, feeling his backache a bit as he walked along with two bags of plastic.

His apartment was fancy enough that it could be accessed with a code, so he typed his in, got in quickly from the chilly wind of early spring, and dropped whatever that was in his hands.

Gosh, being pregnant, and alone, did not do good things for him.

He sighed, slumping against the cushions of the sofa. He could feel the sudden weight of his body pulling him down, and probably it was the adrenaline of wanting to get away from the cold that helped him ignore it before, but since it is now gone, the aching got really strong, and he whimpered when his mind began registering his sore feet and back.

Gosh, he would do anything to have someone help through this pain and loneliness he was going through. Maybe just even massage his feet.

But Seokjin was a strong omega man who needs no alpha. Or beta. Or omega.

Maybe he is not, but he was too prideful to admit that.

Not ever since his boyfrie- ex-boyfriend left him after finding out he was pregnant.

Sure, he has Jimin, but the younger had other things to worry about.

A nap sounds like a good idea right now, he thought, and closed his eyes briefly.

⁓ ‖ ⁛ ‖ ⁓

It was just rumours, words he heard as he passed by a few people by the entrance to collect a parcel sent by his mother.

It was not that big, and quite light too, so he had no problem carrying it. He did stumble a bit, when he heard something about someone moving in. more specifically, on his floor.

There were not that many people on his floor. If he remembers correctly, there were, including his, only four of the spaces were taken. With the newcomer, it's going to be five. And there were ten altogether on one floor. Except for the higher floors. They were much bigger, and the topmost ones are houses on a whole floor. They have separate elevators for them.

Hopefully, he would be a good neighbour, Jin thought.

Though he did not stay next to Jin's but a few doors down, the last neighbour was such a troublemaker and was a noisy person in general. Thank god he moved.

I wonder when he would come...

He was back on his floor, carefully walking out. He walked past the supposed new neighbour's house, and glanced at the nameplate which was already filled.

Min.

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •