Chapter 18

A/N: Thank you so much for 1.6k reads! It means so much to see this story grow, you all mean the world to me! And we're so close to 100 votes, we only have about 15 left! But anyways, enjoy chapter 18!

Sophie said goodbye quickly after that, and she was definitely in a much better mood than the past few days. 

After all, she and the rest of her team had gotten a lot done. It wasn't a ton of information, but it was better than nothing. And the things that they had gotten done were game changers.

Wylie and Tiergan had successfully taken an inventory of everything Tam, Sophie, Glimmer, and their bodyguards managed to take during their scrimmage. 

Stina had managed to take account of the situation and had some ideas for what to do next. That was something Sophie had been panicking about, quite honestly.

And the caches. Thank mallowmelt for those.

If they managed to find the Forgotten Secrets in Fintan and Kenric's, then it could be the key to taking down the Neverseen. Sophie just needed to learn more about Stellarlune and Elysian, something she and Councillor Oralie had uncovered in her cache. 

Dex was working harder than ever before on these. This time, Sophie was certain that they weren't fake, so if there was a way to open them through hacks, Dex was the person for the job.

Now that Sophie had checked in with Team Valiant, she... didn't know what to do next. She hated the fact that there was a lot to get done, and she had no ideas. A part of her felt empty.

Though, it was only natural for her to feel that way. Someone who was very near and dear to her, who holds a special place in her heart did leave.

It was like ripping a chunk away from her.

Sophie sighed, and wiggled her shoulders to shake off her negative emotions. She took a deep breath, then wandered outside into the luscious green pastures.

She made her way past the pasture where the gorgodon was, and in the distance she could see Edaline attempting, but successfully failing, to keep Wynn and Luna away from the enclosure.

Why they felt the need to keep trying to get eaten was beyond her imagination. Though it was kind of like how she kept risking her life.

Anyways, Sophie continued along her path and eventually made her way to where a shimmery alicorn mother stood, grazing in the fields. Sophie made her way over, and Greyfell whinnied in a subtle happiness.

The mama alicorn looked up, before her dancing brown eyes settled on her.

SOPHIE! SOPHIE! SOPHIE!

Yikes! Her transmissions could be really loud sometimes. But Sophie smiled as she stroked her nuzzle.

Hi, girl! How are you?

GOOD! GOOD! 

That's great news! Are Wynn and Luna troubling you?

TROUBLE! BABIES! TROUBLE! Silveny transmitted, before adding. BUT SWEET!

Yeah, babies are usually like that.

Silveny nodded her head, as if in agreement. 

Sophie okay?

The question took Sophie by surprise. She fidgeted a little before looking back at Silveny, who had cocked her head to the side, her eyes staring intently into Sophie's.

Sophie sighed. I guess so. I don't know.

Sophie want to talk?

When Sophie didn't respond, Silveny transmitted again. 

Sophie talk to Keefe? SOPHIE! KEEFE! HAPPY!

Oh. Right. Silveny didn't know. So Sophie did her best to explain to the alicorn mother what had happened, leaving her quite sad.

Sophie could see the droop in Silveny's ears, and the way her eyes had suddenly gone all deep. She knew that Silveny was really fond of Keefe, possibly a bit more than Sophie wanted to admit.

I know, girl. I'm really sad, too.

Sophie miss Keefe?

I do miss him. A LOT.

Keefe special?

Sophie paused. Silveny was one perceptive alicorn. She then nodded. Yeah. He's very special to me.

Silveny could tell that Sophie was way sadder than she looked. Her transmitting volume had gotten significantly quieter, there was a look in her eyes that looked terrified and sad. 

Sophie felt a wing pulling her closer, as she buried her face into Silveny's shimmery silver coat. She stayed there like that for a while, as her mind was filled with soothing landscapes and scenes.

She didn't know how long had passed, but she felt a tap on her shoulder. As she turned around, she saw a pair of concerned teal eyes looking at her.

"Fitz?" she asked.

Fitz straightened himself, reaching his full height, while he ran a hand through his immaculate brown hair. 

"Hey, Sophie," he greeted.

"Hi," she said, awkwardly waving at him. "So, uh... What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check in on you. It's been about a week since we last spoke, and I didn't know if I should have transmitted to you, or something."

"Oh," was all she had to say. "That's sweet. Thanks for checking in."

"Yeah. Sure." His teal eyes looked wary, and she could tell her was holding back. Not that Sophie blamed him. Things were already pretty weird between them. 

He sighed. "Look... I know things are kinda shaky between us, but I wanted to know if you had a plan to find Keefe. He's my best friend, and I... I really miss him," he said, his voice cracking at the end.

There was something about the way he looked absolutely wilted that put a crinkle in her heart. "I do, too. But we're going to find him."

Fitz's teal eyes met hers, and they looked glassy. "What if he doesn't come back?"

Sophie was trying her best not to think about that possibility.

"He- He will," she responded. For a second, she was about to lean over and reach for his shoulder, but at the last minute she hesitated and pulled her hand back. "We'll bring him back. He needs us. We need him."

Fitz nodded, blinking a few times hard. "Okay. We should make a plan."

"Yeah," she said. "Let's call the rest of our friends here. And maybe the Black Swan, since they could help us, too."

He held up a thumb, a hint of a smile trailing along his lips. "Sounds good."

They shared a smile before walking in opposite directions to hail their friends.

A/N: So, it's true Fitz isn't my most favorite character. It's partly because I'm a hardcore Sokeefe shipper, and I just didn't like the way he lashed out at Sophie a few times. But I have to say, I don't hate him anymore. I think he's a great friend and cognate, and I really like their friendship. A lot of fan fictions constantly make him look like the bad guy, and almost every other person is always hating on him. I just wanted to say that in my opinion, I think Sophie and Fitz are perfect as friends, and that I won't make him look like a bad guy in this story. Also... Maybe dial the hate on Fitz back a few notches. 

Updating again soon! <3