13

a/n: sorry for not publishing for like 3 weeks, i was on a break and didn't have any motivation, but thanks for being patient <3

(っ◔︣◡◔᷅)っ ♡

❧ Mateo kept his pen tucked in his lips as he flipped through a pile of sketched pages and documented piles of receipts from past customers.

"I'm here, whatchu need," Connie cracked his knuckles as he stood beside Mateo at the clerk counter. Mateo furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled the pen away from his lips while pulling out a piece of paper from the stack.

"Aight, you gotta customize a deck," Mateo slaps the paper hard against Connie's chest causing him to let out a sharp wince and a low cough.

"Damn?" Connie whispers as he pats his chest from how strong Mateo was. Connie glances at the paper and furrowed his eyebrows as he continued to look at the sketch on the paper, "Um...why can't you do this?"

"Cause you're fucking better than me, that's why I dragged you here and not Eren...he sucks," Mateo spoke as he stuffed his hands in his pockets to look at Connie eye to eye.

"This looks hard as fuck..." Connie mumbled as he moved the paper clockwise to look at it better, "How much they paying?"

"$230 dollars," Mateo said at a slow pace, his lips curving into a proud smile after seeing Connie's eyes shot open. This was the most cash the both had been payed with when it came to customizing decks, minus the already designed decks on the walls.

"Mhm...now don't fuck this up," Mateo warned Connie, laughing after seeing Connie narrow his eyes that he wouldn't mess up a precious skateboard deck. Connie stared at the sketch page before slowly placing it down on the countertop.

"Connie...lemme tell you sum homie," Mateo patted Connie's shoulder, tightly grasping it right after. Connie's eyes slowly left the page to look at Mateo, rolling his eyes that Mateo was about to be on his bullshit again.

"What is it now Teo."

"Y/n's a nice girl, pretty awkward," Mateo clicked his tongue and hummed lowly, Connie pressing his lips together that he clearly knows that about you, "I know a thing or two about the quiet ladies though."

"Mateo..."

"Nah nah hear me out though," Mateo rose his hand up so Connie would stop talking, "Lemme tell you a story real quick," Mateo let out a soft grunt as he pulled himself to sit on the counter top. He rested his clasped hands on his lap before looking directly at Connie.

"Uh u-"

"Two years ago," Mateo interrupted Connie with an obnoxious shout, raising two fingers in the air, "I was at a library or what not."

"Why are you at the library?" Connie interrupted with a puzzled look on his face, knowing that Mateo wasn't the type to pull up to a library unless-

"Shut the fuck up, don't you read your books upside down...I was looking for stuff."

"You were looking for your next-"

"I'm cutting your pay check," Mateo drummed his fingers against his thigh with his jaw clenching, waiting for Connie to stop talking. Connie raised his hands up and puckered his lips that he wouldn't interrupt him anymore.

"Like I was saying...You know I was making my way through the lil aisle for books, I forgot what book I got though but this gorgeous woman, whew," Mateo giggled and bit his lips as he imagined the woman in his mind.

"Tall...glasses, kinky curls, Oh Lord," Mateo whispered as he looked away from Connie, feeling a bit too excited with reminiscing this story, "I still got ha number...lemme just-" Mateo stuffed his hand in his pockets as he struggled to pull out his phone.