| e i g h t |

you woke up later than you had been planning. actually, a lot later than planned, and if it wasn't for the text from your study group, you'd probably still be in dream land.

'hi y/n, where are you?' it was when you read the text that woke you up, you remembered that you had to meet up with them to study for a little 'fun' test your professor had told you he'd be giving you. never in your life had you jumped out of bed as fast as you did that day, and even though you concluded that you wouldn't have time for even a short shower, you deemed it a necessity after seeing how you looked. yesterday you had been too lazy to shower, and the day before you had only washed your body, and the result was the greasy mess on top of your head - it was basically impossible to walk outside with, so a shower definitely was needed.

after shooting the groupchat a message, apologizing for not being on time and telling them you'd hurry up and treat them to something later, you grabbed a set of clothes. walking towards the bathroom, you noticed steam leaving the open door, and from where you were standing, you couldn't see anyone inside. breathing out in relief, thinking jaemin had just finished showering, you barged into the bathroom, throwing your clean clothes onto the floor in the corner.

you froze. there he was in all his glory. jaemin was standing in front of the mirror, a towel draped around his waist, his hair still dripping a bit, shirtless. he saw you through the mirror, frozen, and he turned slightly, leaning his hand on the sink. a shit-eating grin appeared on his face, "i know you have a lot of horrible traits, but i didn't know you were a pervert."

you snapped your head away, feeling more embarrassed about him finding this amusing than seeing him shirtless. through gritted teeth, you managed to hiss out the words, "na fucking jaemin, what about closing the fucking door when you shower."

jaemin clicked his tongue at your response, and you looked over at him, your eyes focusing on his face instead of his bare chest. he then leaned his lower back against the sink, his arms crossing over his chest as he replied, sounding offended almost, "uhm, excuse me, i live here?"

at his statement that sounded a bit more like a question, you could only scoff, and you crossed your arms as well. "so do i, asshole," you responded to his statement before stepping out of the bathroom. stretching your arm, you grabbed a hold of the doorhandle, "here, let me do what you can't do yourself."

you slammed the door shut, jaemin jumping slightly on the other side of the door, and he let out a sound of amusement before returning to the mirror to get ready for the day. on your side of the door, you buried your head into your hands, and out of frustration you shrieked into them. it took some seconds for you to finally decide that you had no time being embarrassed about the situation, so instead you went into the kitchen to make some coffee. as the coffee was getting ready, you once again texted your group, telling them that your roommate was using the bathroom, so it would take you a bit longer than expected.

when you had poured some coffee into your mug, you realized that there was enough left for jaemin even though you usually only made coffee for yourself. it took all the control in you to not just pour it down the drain, but you managed to keep yourself from doing it, deciding to be the bigger person. you took a big gulp of the black coffee, wishing you had put in even the slightest splash of milk in, but you unfortunately had no time to even do that. after drinking the coffee in record time, you placed the mug into the dishwasher before you walked out of the kitchen and towards a hopefully empty bathroom.

as you walked through the living room jaemin walked into it, and as he passed you he told you, "bathroom is free now. hurry and take a shower. you need it."

even though you knew you should've let it go then and there, you stopped dead in tracks and turned around to look at his back. "gee, thanks." you sneered at him, and he turned around as well, his grin big. he casually shrugged his shoulders, "just pointed out the obvious."

"once again, gee, thanks."

"always, doll." he sent you a wink and you put two fingers into your mouth, making a gagging sound at him, which only made him roll his eyes. jaemin then turned around to make his way towards the kitchen to make coffee for himself. what he didn't expect however, was the coffee pot to be half full still, and he placed his hand on it quickly, still hot. he furrowed his eyebrows.

"did you make me coffee?" he had poked his head into the living room, shouting through the place, and you poked your head out of the bathroom door, to answer his question with your own shout, "i did, yes."

when he didn't say anything, you shrugged, shutting and locking the door to the bathroom, something he hadn't been able to do for some reason. after putting your dirty clothes away, you stepped into the shower and pulled at the shower curtain. the sound of a knock made you flinch, and you hissed out a 'what?' at jaemin.

"why?" it took you two seconds to understand what he was asking about. the coffee, of course, but why did he wait 5 minutes before asking you?

"... because i am a decent person?" you shouted from the bathroom, hoping he could hear you properly. jaemin heard your words loud and clear, and leaned against the door to the bathroom, the grin crawling onto his face yet again. he shouted back, "i know i look good without a shirt-"

"jaemin, what the fuc-?" he cut you off.

"-but i did not expect you to fall in love with me so much you decided to make me coffee." from your side of the door the sound of a shampoo bottle hitting the floor came, and he heard the shower curtains getting pulled before you answered him, "it's literally just coffee, it really is not the deep dude."

he sipped the coffee, then he commented loudly, "it tastes weird." and he was sure he heard a scoff from your side of the door, before you replied back, "i poisoned it."

this time it was jaemin's turn to scoff, and he drank some more of it, actually liking the taste of it, much to his annoyance. when you had answered him just now, your voice was much clearer, so he guessed that you were getting dressed by now. before he could keep himself from saying it, he said the following words, "you didn't deny being in love with me."

silence. his statement had made you stop drying your hair with the towel for a few seconds. then you rolled your eyes, continuing to get ready. the next sound he heard was the sound of you unlocking the door, and you pushed past him as you finally replied to his comment, "you love the idea of me being in love with you, huh? you sure you aren't the one in love?"

"with you? sorry doll, not gonna happen." jaemin chuckled trailing behind you as you walked towards your front door. feeling him still walking behind you, you replied to him, hoping he'd get the hint and leave you alone, "glad we're on the same page then. i'm actually in a real fucking hurry, so i'll leave."

"sure, thanks for the coffee. for real." for once in all the years you've known him, it sounded like he genuinely was thanking you, and you stopped tying your shoes to look up at him. at the clear disbelief on your face, he only raised his eyebrows, as if asking what the hell you were looking at him like that for.

"what did you do to jaemin?" he rolled his eyes, very sarcastically replying with, "ha. ha."

satisfied with his annoyance, you let out a small laugh finishing tying your shoes before genuinely replying to his gratitude, "you're welcome. it won't be a regular thing though."

"seeing me shirtless won't be either."

"whew, lucky me."

"fuck off."

"gladly, so get out of my way."

"i'm standing behind you, kitten, i am out of your way."

"... shut up."