Chapter Eight : Silver Lining

Y/n's POV:

Aria and I walked to our separate dormatries but not before saying goodbye and arranging where we would meet up again to walk to the Great Hall together for Dinner tonight.

I walked into the icy dunsions to my dorm room and all eyes turned to me when I did. Because I was a Muggle-born and in Slytherin, I was bullied relentlessly and was commonly known as the 'Mudblood' and the 'Fake Slyherin'. But Dumbledoor didn't seem to care, no matter how many times I told him.

I walked past the crowd silently and went up to my shared room, ignoring all the insults and wispers thrown around. Most of my dorm-mates left me alone, only gave me weird looks and talked about me behind my back, but it still hurt.

Yeah, you can say I wasn't exactly well loved.

But I was lucky to have one Slytherin who didn't think that way about me.

Vera appeared to be a very stereo-typical Slyherin at first glance (and no-one dared to mess with her when she got mad), but she was everything but. She was brought up in a Pure-blooded family, yes, but they didn't believe in the whole stupid blood supremacy crap. I was glad to have someone who didn't judge me for being Muggle-born.

"Hello Y/n." She smiled when she saw me enter.

"Heya. It's good to see you again." I smiled back at her. My mood always lifted a bit everytime I saw her, she was a kind reminder that there where still kind Slyherins amongst the crowd, even if they where hard to find.

I found my luggage and Y/o/n in her cage by my bed, the one the closest to the small window in the corner. And it was kind of easier to tell because everyone else had pushed their beds further away from ours. But this only gave Vera and I more room, so if you ask me, it was a plus.

Y/o/n hooted aggressively in her cage, getting irritated for being stuck in it for so long. I opened the window as far as I could then opened her cage to let her spread her wings outside a little. She didn't bother to hoot as her sign of a thank you and instead just flew out the window that the speed of light as if it was her last chance at freedom. I chuckled at this.

"She's a funny little thing isn't she?" Vera giggled.

"I guess that's one way to describe it." I laughed.

The other girl we unfortunately shared a room with entered and the room imidiently fell silent. They shot aggressive glares in my direction but Vera was quick to shut them down with a simple look of her own. They simply rolled their eyes and turned to unpacking their luggage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking down the hallway to the Great Hall with Aria when a slightly taller figure bumpted into me by accident. "Oh gosh sorry!" He rubbed his shoulder and his eyes turned the slightest bit wide when he saw me.

"Oh hey Callum. It's good to see you again and don't worry about it." I replied.

Despite being rather tall for my age, Callum still managed to stand a couple inches taller than me. I was so used to meeting people my height or shorter that's it was one of the first things I noticed about him when we met.

He seemed to be happy to see me also as a cheshire grin danced apon his face. "Hey it really is. I thought I'd have to hunt you down to find you but it looks like fate had other plans."

I blushed lightly and stared into his chocolate brown eyes that had a slight twinkle to them. His smile brought out the dimples in his cheeks and caused his eyes to shrink in the slightest bit.

My train of thought was interuppted by Aria coughing rather loudly next to me.

"Oh right, sorry. Callum... meet my friend Aria she's in Hufflepuff." I pointed to her and smiled when he offered her a handshake in greeting.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Aria. And it was lovely to see you again Y/n." He walked away and not-so-subtly winking at me as he did causing me to blush a deep Scarlet.

"What was that all about?" She raised a brow at me teasingly.

"I'll tell you later but not right now with other people around. I don't know what I would do if the Twins found out! Let's go."

Aria and I went to sit at the Griffindoor table to chat a little.

"Hey guys! Were where you earlier? We waited by the carts but you never came." I said, slightly agitated to Fred and George.

"We assumed you left and went off, sorry." George shrugged but he didn't seem that sorry.

"Right..." Aria trailed off before I was greeted a figure walking over to sit with us. "Oh hey Lee, there you are!" I smiled and hugged Lee quickly.

"Hey Y/n, George, Fred and... Aria." His smile spread a little more when he said her name.

"Hey Lee!" She gave him a wide grin but only continued to chat with the rest of us, leaving Lee looking a little disappointed. It was so painfully obvious that Lee had had a huge crush on her for ages and it was so frustrating not being able to tell her!

But Lee was my friend so I wasn't going to tell her until he was ready to do it himself.

"Oh and Y/n what where you smiling about when you walked over here?" Fred changed to subject and gave me a playful smirk.

"Oh uh...nothing." I tried to play it off as casual as I could Aria decided to blow my cover anyway.

"She ran into a boy named Callum. Apparently they had met before but they had failed to give me this information." Aria said.

"Aria Liu! The reason I didn't tell you was because nothing is going on!" I wisper-yelled at her.

"Sure, sure like he didn't wink at you or anything when you first met him. It's not like you have the same goofy grin on your face like you had just now or anything." George chuckled.

"Seriously? Why am I always the last to know about these things?" Lee slouched in his seat and poured like a little kid.

"Sorry Lee." I gave him a sympathetic smile and patted his shoulder comfortingly.

"Na don't worry I'm only joking." He gave me a cheeky grin.

"Lee Jordan!" I said in a fake angry tone and we both laughed.

The next couple of minutes where spent chatting away before McGonigall handed out our timetables and I was really pleased with mine. Of course, I hated most of my classes but I was glad to have almost all of them with at least one of my friends.

But it wasn't this information that had put me in a bad mood.

McGonigall handed the Prefect's a letter of our Prefect duties times and who we would spend those minutes with, including me. I skimmed through the letter where it explained that because I was the only Slyherin Perfect that I would have to be paired with a Griffindoor to do my rounds with. I prayed that it wasn't that Aaron kid but I think this was even worse.

Written in delicate cursive were the words...

Percy Weasley.

Word count: 1268