Chapter 43

Mayas Pov:

We're now in the city and gosh, since when are Victoria and Avery this lovey dovy? I mean..I don't have anything against it but wow, it's a lot.

"So..I'm getting a coffee, you want something too?" I ask as we walk past a coffee shop, so I stop.

"Um..nah, what about you guys?" Connor replies but the others shake their head too.

"Oh okay. Then..how about we meet at Starbucks in 10?" I suggest and they all nod.

"Okay then..see you later." I mumble before waking inside the coffee shop.

As I enter, I can feel the warm air in my face. It's pretty cold outside so this feels really nice.

I walk over to the counter and get in line. It took a few minutes until it's my turn. But what I didn't expect was a gorgeous girl as the batista.

"Welcome, what can I get for you?" The girl asks while looking directly into my eyes

"I-um.." somehow I can't get a word out.

But the girl and her one friend just chuckles at me. "Looks like you broke another one, Zara." Her friend comments, which just makes me blush.

So her name is Zara..

"I-I'll take a ice coffee." I say, which makes her look at me again.

"Of course you do.." she mumbles with  a smug grin, making my face just heat up more.

"So..you live near by?" Zara asks as she makes the drink.

"Oh, no. I'm going to college here." I answer, on which she looks up to me again.

"Oh really? Do you know a Avery Davis by any chance?" She asks curiously.

"Um..yeah, I'm friends with her." I reply confused and she crosses her arms while smirking at me.

"No way! So you know my cousin, huh?" Zara asks, making my eyes widen.

"Youre.."

"Averys cousin, yeah. I know we don't look much alike but we are." She replies with a chuckle, which makes me smile.

Her laugh is adorable

"Is she here too?" She asks as she hands me my coffee.

"Oh, yeah. We all split up because I wanted to get some coffee." I pay and then take the coffee.

"You can take the rest of the day free if you want to see your cousin, Zara." Her friend says, making her smile.

"You sure?" She asks unsure but her friend just nods.

"I'm your boss, remember?" She says and Zara chuckles at that.

"Thanks, Chloe."  She quickly hugs her before turning back to me.

"I need to change, can you wait for me?" Zara asks and I nod, making her smile.

She quickly rushes in he back, probably where their break room thing is and I take a sip of my drink. But when I glance over to Zaras friend I catch her grin at me, which makes me choke on my drink.

I frown. "What?"

"Oh nothing, nothing. Just that you have a massive crush on my best friend." She says, making me blush.

"I-I don't!" I exclaim, which makes her laugh.

"What makes you think that?" I ask but she just shrugs.

"Just a guess. But usually I'm never wrong." She answers and after that we don't say anything until Zara is back.

"You ready to go?" Zara asks and I nod shyly.

"Great, then let's go. Bye, Chloe." She says before walking outside with me.

"Oh, I didn't even asked for your name.." Zara says, which makes me look at her.

"Oh, I'm Maya." I respond and she smiles at me.

"A perfect name for a cute girl.." she mutters, making my face heat up immediately.

"Wow, you blush really fast, huh? Just like Avery." She laughs but I just blush more.

"So..what are you to my cousin? Just a friend? Or more?" Zara asks curiously.

"Oh, no no. We're just friends, nothing more." I answer nervously, on what she raises an eyebrow.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I am. I mean..I did like her but not anymore. I know I wouldn't have a chance anyways so.." I say with a sigh.

"Why do you think that? As far as I can tell you're very cute and nice." Zara replies, making me blush.

"Well..she made it pretty obvious that she doesn't feel the same and never will. I don't have a chance anyways because she has a-"

"She has a boyfriend again?" Zara interrupts me.

"Um..not really." I mumble, making her look at me with a frown.

I then see Avery and Victoria waiting in front of the Starbucks, which makes me smile. Victoria has her arms wrapped around Averys waist and Avery has her hands on Victorias cheeks while they both talk and laugh with each other. I just nod over to them and when Zara looks over to them her eyes widen.

"Oh.." she then looks at me with a smile.

"C'mon let's go over to them." She says before grabbing my hand and pulling me with her.