ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

I LOOK OUTSIDE my bedroom's window

I LOOK OUTSIDE my bedroom's window. The raindrops running down the glass. I remember when I was young and would watch them and pretend they were having a race.

The smell of the rain was one of my favorites scents. The sweet, subtle fragrance that tints the air before and after bringing me back to a time where I was warm and safe.

A lot of people hate the rain, but I used to love it. The rain can make us sad, until we look closely and see how beautiful it really is.

Rain brings life.

It's peaceful yet stormy.

The rain can help or bring anxiety. For many it provokes anxiety and the feeling of helplessness. But for others, listening to rainstorms help distracting thoughts.

It's the love of the sky for the earth.

flashback

I stared at him knowing I was falling in love. Knowing that no matter how hard I tried to deny, he walked into my heart and claimed it as his.

When he kisses me, my heart skips a beat. Falling in love with him scares me but at the same time excites me.

He crossed my life and suddenly changed everything I've ever believed.

I look at the car window as the storm outside calms me down. The drops of water falling from the sky, that brings with them life.

I look at his right hand as he grips the steering wheel firmly. His eyes on the road as we drive through town. His other hand entwined mine. The cool feel of his rings settling against my skin.

With him my soul is completed.

When his lips touch mine or when his eyes locks with mine, time stops. It's like in that moment there is no one else, just us.

I've never felt this way. It scares me so much, and maybe that's why I try to deny it. Maybe that's why I try to deny that I'm falling for him. The boy that brought life back to me. That made me feel alive when I thought there was no hope.