Chapter 11: Welcome to Hell

Head pounding; All i can hear is that stupid bar banging. I'm usually up and gone before I can hear it. I slowly roll over in my bed ready to glare at Four for making loud noise, but instead of brown I lock gaze with blue eyes with an evil glint.

"30 minutes; DON'T BE LATE." he shouts, making my headache worse. Holding our glaring contest as he walks out.

Head still pounding, I just lay in bed as I listen to everyone shuffle around trying to get ready as fast as they can. Slowly rolling out of my bed and starting to get ready I look around and see some people moving slower than me. Grimacing, I realize it's because of their fight yesterday. they don't even know what to come to day all because of me. Eric is going to make today a living hell.

I make my way to the cafeteria to quickly eat before I have to rush to training. I see Pax with his head down then downing a cup of coffee. I hurried my way over to him. Sitting down across from him I start to rant.

" This is all your fault. Eric already had it out for me; I swear I will throw you down the chasm!"

"Im hurt! Your only friend and you are so willing to just throw me overboard so quickly." Covering his heart.

" we won't get caught, live a little you dauntless." I mimicked him. "You said we wouldn't get caught. I would like to keep my daily glares with Eric in the training room not when I first wake up. Now who has to deal with him during training...ME! He oversees my training." sighing I drink some coffee to help with my hangover.

Eating a little breakfast I was trying to prepare myself and the training I will have to endure.

" Ok i will admit it was a stupid idea to take Erics most hated trainee out where all of dauntless goes and parties, but it was fun wasn't it?" He asked with a big grin.

"Yeah it was fun. Until we got caught." smirking at him.

"Ok hold up. You got caught then you led him back to the group. I thought you were smarter than that Fred." He shakes his head with false disappointment. We laugh at the thought of last night.

"Sorry didn't realize it was everyone for themselves." Looking at the time I see it's time for training. "Well it looks like it's time for hell; wish me luck."

"Good luck! You're going to need it."

"Haha thanks."

I hesitated before I walked into the training room only to notice Eric wasn't anywhere in sight. Now i know this might sound like a good thing, but no this is Eric we are talking about. This is bad, really bad. He just threatened to kick us all out last night and him not being here made me worry what he is planning for punishment.

As we start our running laps Eric still hasn't shown up, but I won't let my nerves distract me. So i focused on my morning run. I was running laps around everyone; it felt good to shake off my headache that I have had all morning. After an hour of running we regrouped around Four to see what we will be doing next. As Four was just about to tell us what we were going to do the devil himself walked in strutting a menacing grin.

"If you must know you can thank Amity for what's to come today. It might be for your pitiful fights I had to witness yesterday as well." He explains as they all turn and look at me dumbfounded.

"We do not like rule breakers here in dauntless. You will split into three groups. Fights, running, and weights; Let's go now!" He yelled and watched everyone scurry around.

Since running didn't need to be supervised Four took the first group to watch fights where Eric took the Second group; Mine, to wights. I started doing pull ups to warm up, but half way through I noticed Eric was just watching me not the rest of the group. I hurried and finished my pull up a set of 60.

"That's it Amity? What tired already?" He taunts.

Deciding to ignore him I move on unfortunately to the bench press. I set the weights to 80 and got ready for my first set, but apparently someone had other ideas.

"You can lift more than that." Eric pressed. He comes over and starts piling on more weights.

Not wanting to test his patients, I decided to stay quiet. I start benching all the weight, but after a minute I start to struggle after about 5 presses. I stopped to take some weight off, but Eric grilled me.

"What! done already?"

"No, just need to adjust a little." I started to take off the excess weight he added.

Eric kept making snide comments at my every workout and added to my work out to make it ten times harder. By the end of the set and all the groups were switching my body hurt. The amount of weight Eric added was unrealistic; I just wonder if he went missing would anyone miss him?

The groups moved to the next task. Fours group went to running, Four went to supervise the first group in wights, and Eric took our group to fighting leaving me still under the scrutiny of Eric. My whole group hasn't even broke a sweat yet Eric has put his full attention into making my training as hard as he can, that he hasn't paid attention to anyone else; leaving them to relax.

I lift my tired arms to start hitting the punching bag and get some of my frustration out. Eric was supervising a couple fights leaving me alone for a bit, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Half way through I feel him walk up right behind me just starring.

"Your form is terrible and your punches are so weak; haven't you learned anything here. Where did you even learn to punch; from a flower?" He snorts at his own joke, but I was annoyed with him all day.

I only saw red as the blood was pumping through my veins. I didn't even hear the gasps from every one in the room, just the pounding of my heart.

Pushed to the limit I turned around and got in his face.

"At least I can hit better than you." I spit out.

His face went stone cold. "What did you just say?"

"I said i know i'm a better fighter than you; so back off." What did I just say? I have never seen him fight and now I'm claiming to be better. The best leader and I just challenged him because my rage blinded me.

" You can never be as good as me; ever. Maybe i should just send you back to pick your little flowers while you frolic around in your stupid fields Amity. Or I'll give you the easy way out and end your miserable life right here and now." He spits out taking a dangerous step towards me.

That was the breaking point.

Pushed too hard.

I snapped.

Swinging my arm so fast I landed a hard hit right to his face. He wasn't expecting it, so he was unguarded. Landing two more jabs he finally put his guard up but he was too late. I knocked his legs out from right under him, surprising him leaving himself unguarded once again. I got on top throwing a couple throws at him until he used his weight and rolled us over with him on top now. He started landing hits to my sides as I protected my head.

Everyone in the room rushed over to witness the fight while Four was trying to break it up with no success. I wrap my leg around Eric and flip the situation and continued the fight. We had one hell of a fight; it felt as if it lasted an hour. He would take some hits than I would at one point he kneed me in the gut.

All you see was the blood slowly spewing out of the wounds and feel each hit that is until we were finally torn apart yelling profanities at each other trying to break out of our holds that we were in. we took a second and saw that over half of dauntless is just standing around watching us with curious surprise looks.

Big boss Max makes his way into view of us both. He stands there looking between both of us with an indifferent look you almost couldn't tell if he was mad.

"My Office Now."